LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

Back at it after a 3 week hiatus w/o a valid tag since the rifle opener. It’s obviously nice to get a buck on the opener but sitting on the sidelines sucks. No one has sat in this box since Thanksgiving. Feeling picky, but I really need to properly christen this new Optima. I feel good out to 150-200 with it. Cmere deer..

2AF70605-C51A-440F-B1D2-DA413DB32211.jpeg

AB2F738D-3F32-4BFB-8BDD-DD94BF58E57F.jpeg

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Back at it after a 3 week hiatus w/o a valid tag since the rifle opener. It’s obviously nice to get a buck on the opener but sitting on the sidelines sucks. No one has sat in this box since Thanksgiving. Feeling picky, but I really need to properly christen this new Optima. I feel good out to 150-200 with it. Cmere deer..

I had a few years where I got a buck on opening day. I would do that every year if I could. Daylight activity takes such a nosedive after the opener that I don't care to go out until later in the season anyway.

• Like 2

It’s nice to be able to Christmas shop for myself while in the tree stand! Thank you Amazon! I’ll act surprised when I open my claw rifle sling on Christmas! LOL And I’ll have it just in time for the holiday hunt! NICE!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Cabin Fever said:

It’s nice to be able to Christmas shop for myself while in the tree stand! Thank you Amazon! I’ll act surprised when I open my claw rifle sling on Christmas! LOL And I’ll have it just in time for the holiday hunt! NICE!!

Link?

1 hour ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Does shooting with or without the ramrod change the POI?

4 hours ago, grampy said:

I'd bag the trash, and leave it next to the folded up blind too.

If still there in the spring, the blind is yours for the trash removal fee. 

Solid advice. Thanks. 

But if I take it down and look to find a deer staring at me, I’m going to lose my mind. 

Edited by left field
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, suburbanfarmer said:

Does shooting with or without the ramrod change the POI?

I don't know the answer to this. I take mine out when I get to the stand and screw on the bullet starter, so it's less I need to screw with if I need a second shot. PLUS, I have a nice new palm saver on the end of the ramrod, that I would like to keep looking nice for as long as possible... :pardon:

Edited by Cabin Fever
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cabin Fever said:

I don't know the answer to this. I take mine out when I get to the stand and screw on the bullet starter, so it's less I need to screw with if I need a second shot. PLUS, I have a nice new palm saver on the end of the ramrod, that I would like to keep looking nice for as long as possible... :pardon:

Same. The palm saver sticks out a bit beyond the end of the barrel.
I’m sure I’ll forget and leave the ramrod behind at least once or thrice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WWJD_Hunter said:

Got invited from good friend to hunt his property this evening. We saw 3 bucks and at least 10 does. I had my muzzleloader ready, but didn’t feel the need to shot . It was fun hanging out with him :) 

FA582151-6E6F-4E1A-8840-E877C97C18BC.jpeg

628632A9-8152-465E-943E-FA51D3E45E98.jpeg

FF8D7A0C-DF12-4436-B869-65B052AEDA61.jpeg

These pics are useless without GPS coordinates.

j/k

Glad you had a good time

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Cabin Fever said:

After my morning hunt, I was reminded how much I hate my sling! This sling slides all over on my shoulder and if I’m not careful, the gun will slide upside down! I planned to get one of those “claw” slings before this season, but forgot! UGH!!

Claw sling is the ONLY sling I put on my guns now. I have 3 of them. they are awesome. 

• Like 3

Fell asleep on the couch watching MNF and woke up way too freaking early at 3:00. Tried to fall back asleep, but no dice.  Then I remembered the Geminid meteor shower is supposed to be peaking tonight/this morning. So I’m sitting on the deck with coffee, watching the meteors. Came in to warm up and get a refill. I’m seeing a few. Quit counting at 15 in about 20-25 minutes.

Something tells me I’m gonna need a nap later..

Edited by Steuben Jerry
  • Like 4

Fell asleep on the couch watching MNF and woke up way too freaking early at 3:00. Tried to fall back asleep, but no dice.  Then I remembered the Geminid meteor shower is supposed to be peaking tonight/this morning. So I’m sitting on the deck with coffee, watching the meteors. Came in to warm up and get a refill. I’m seeing a few. Quit counting at 15 in about 20-25 minutes.
Something tells me I’m gonna need a nap later..

Good call on the meteor shower Jerry I just went out with the dogs and saw two

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro