LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

10 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Outside for seconds. Saw a great one and a plane 

Nothing moving in 8H! Where have I heard that before...........

EDIT: The plane TF saw just passed by here.

Edited by Cabin Fever
Plane sighting
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Fell asleep on the couch watching MNF and woke up way too freaking early at 3:00. Tried to fall back asleep, but no dice.  Then I remembered the Geminid meteor shower is supposed to be peaking tonight/this morning. So I’m sitting on the deck with coffee, watching the meteors. Came in to warm up and get a refill. I’m seeing a few. Quit counting at 15 in about 20-25 minutes.

Something tells me I’m gonna need a nap later..

sounds like retirement is taking hold!  love it.  

• Like 1

I think I will finish processing my doe today. Then I will have to work the rest of the week,but it looks like we will get a crew together to do some drives on Saturday.  I am pretty excited for that, it has been years since we have done that.  This is with the crew that got me started in hunting,should be fun!

chads-I agree with the design of the sling. I've been using a two sling approach for the  past 20 years.  But what I've used is just to put a second strap on made of 1 inch heavy duty elastic. I only slip this over my head if I'm packing stuff in and need a second hand or if I'm going to be climbing a steep (like hand-over-hand) grade. Turkey run and gun situations too.

I have 5 or 6 claw slings. My son borrowed  my encore in 270  for a couple of seasons. He bought his own rifle . Looked at the claw I told him to get . Instead bought a pretty camo Cordura leather job . First week he came and asked if I would swap  for a claw.  I told him he could borrow one until he picked up his own . Reminded him that dear old dad strongly suggested  not to waste money buying any thing other than a claw .

• Like 2