LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

5 minutes ago, Nytracker said:

I have 5 or 6 claw slings. My son borrowed  my encore in 270  for a couple of seasons. He bought his own rifle . Looked at the claw I told him to get . Instead bought a pretty camo Cordura leather job . First week he came and asked if I would swap  for a claw.  I told him he could borrow one until he picked up his own . Reminded him that dear old dad strongly suggested  not to waste money buying any thing other than a claw .

I have one of those sons too!! LOL  But, I wouldn't trade him for anything! :cool:

1 minute ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I whiffed on a doe today. My first shot was excellent: just a perfect aim/squeeze/follow through. With no primer in the gun lol. She stood there while I fumbled one out and got it loaded but I was shaking so much I missed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ha.ha.ha. 

Been there done that. I was lucky and the monster spike stayed put..;)

• Like 1

I whiffed on a doe today. My first shot was excellent: just a perfect aim/squeeze/follow through. With no primer in the gun lol. She stood there while I fumbled one out and got it loaded but I was shaking so much I missed

Been there done that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I knew there was a reason I liked you Tacks... You remind me of myself....Hehehe....

• Like 1

Too nice of day to not be out. Had to give it a go  even though I didn't want to and don't regret it a bit. Sat in some thick cedars with numerous trails; no deer were seen but it was worth the trip.

IMG_20211214_153251[1].jpg

IMG_20211214_163050[1].jpg

Edited by Steve D

I want my 2 points! Think @robhuntandfish will give me one point in pity?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I once drove 30 minutes to my hunting spot and while loading my muzzeloader broke my ram rod. I thought I was done for till I remembered I had a roll of electrical tape in the car and used it to tape up the rod and I was off in the woods. I always keep a roll in my car for other problems plus I keep a spare ram rod just in case. LoL:rolleyes:

• Like 2