LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

12 minutes ago, steve863 said:

It will make worldwide headline news when someone in the Biz-R-O family actually kills a doe.   LOL

we've killed plenty. just none in the past 15-20 years. Even my Mom and brother have killed does and they each hunted only 1 day in their lives. A few weeks ago on stateland @crappyice asked me for a doe if i saw one, but i didnt in range. I would have done it for him. 2 years ago @The_Real_TCIII asked me to kill one and i would have if i saw one.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

2 hours ago, Moho81 said:

Assume the worst and hope for the best. Our woods are a mess. Only one damaged tree stand found so far though. 

yeah that's my mindset going in. I'm not worried about any damaged stands. Just curious to see if I can get to them, and if not, how much work is ahead of me. Throw in the eventual checking of runs and funnels I might need to clear out and other work and plans I have and I'll know how many gallons of 50:1 I'm going to burn through haha.

• Like 2

Bittersweet end to my season. After my hunt this morning, I met up with my son for breakfast. Since last fall, he's been wanting to get a ML, but was saving every nickel for his wedding this past Sept and didn't do it. He told me he was bummed as he wasn't ready for his season to end yet and wished he had gotten a ML. I felt bad and told him I was getting burned out anyways, so to just get a ML license today, and he could hunt with mine for the rest of the season. So, I'm officially pulling the plug on my season after 72 hunts. Oh well. I was looking forward to the holiday hunt this year, since I'm on vacation now until Jan. 3rd myself! UGH! YES, I could still take out my bow, but I don't have a chance in hell of seeing a buck within bow range at this point. In addition, I checked 11 cams today and there were NO pics with daylight activity and only 1 scrubby little buck. Oh well... Where he's hunting, he'll have a better chance at putting meat in the freezer anyways.

Good luck everyone!

• Like 12

13 minutes ago, Cabin Fever said:

Bittersweet end to my season. After my hunt this morning, I met up with my son for breakfast. Since last fall, he's been wanting to get a ML, but was saving every nickel for his wedding this past Sept and didn't do it. He told me he was bummed as he wasn't ready for his season to end yet and wished he had gotten a ML. I felt bad and told him I was getting burned out anyways, so to just get a ML license today, and he could hunt with mine for the rest of the season. So, I'm officially pulling the plug on my season after 72 hunts. Oh well. I was looking forward to the holiday hunt this year, since I'm on vacation now until Jan. 3rd myself! UGH! YES, I could still take out my bow, but I don't have a chance in hell of seeing a buck within bow range at this point. In addition, I checked 11 cams today and there were NO pics with daylight activity and only 1 scrubby little buck. Oh well... Where he's hunting, he'll have a better chance at putting meat in the freezer anyways.

Good luck everyone!

More than welcome to borrow one. You're only 30 min away.

• Like 2

Cabin fever , 

you gave it heck buddy ! And what a wonderful thing to do for your son. 
I was off today , didht go and off Saturday and Sunday and not going. Have Tuesday morning that I’ll go. Couple days between 26th and New Years. One being my birthday and daughter and I will share my ml on the 29th. 

• Like 4

Storm damage minimal, nothing but branches.

More frustrating is that I’ve hunted this property for 2 years without issue and I’m in a stand I haven’t hunted in a month and find a trail cam stolen.

I’m mostly annoyed that I have someone sneaking around, but shit if you got caught just take the memory card you fn maggot.

Really put me in a bad mental place after being on the road for 4 days and just wanting some woods therapy on this beautiful night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Sad 2

Good luck everyone!

Tag along with him, sit together in a double unarmed and just be an extra set of eyes and maybe a camera man for him.

Now he gets to tell his new wife he’s hanging out with Dad. She can’t say no to that. Lol.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Cabin fever , 

you gave it heck buddy ! And what a wonderful thing to do for your son. 
I was off today , didht go and off Saturday and Sunday and not going. Have Tuesday morning that I’ll go. Couple days between 26th and New Years. One being my birthday and daughter and I will share my ml on the 29th. 

Thanks. He'll have ML for next year, even if I have to buy him one myself! LOL He's a great kid, always has been. He's the only one that I know that hunts even MORE than I do!! I rolled the dice and got him a lifetime hunting and bowhunting license when he was 2 years old for $375. At 26, he's gotten my money's worth already!!

Good luck to you and Samantha!! 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Belo said:

Storm damage minimal, nothing but branches.

More frustrating is that I’ve hunted this property for 2 years without issue and I’m in a stand I haven’t hunted in a month and find a trail cam stolen.

I’m mostly annoyed that I have someone sneaking around, but shit if you got caught just take the memory card you fn maggot.

Really put me in a bad mental place after being on the road for 4 days and just wanting some woods therapy on this beautiful night.

Maybe the thief sold the cam and bought Bills tickets? I see there are tons for sale for $9.99 for sunday. That's cheaper than a beer!

1 hour ago, Cabin Fever said:

Good luck everyone!

Sounds like a muzzloader would make a great wedding present. 

• Like 2