LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

Got to watch one of my shooters feed for about an hour tonight, unfortunately I was 500 yards away on the opposite side of the field. Same thing happened last Sunday but he at least closed about half the distance then and gave me some hope. This property is a big peninsula with a field in the middle and the bucks almost always bed back by the point but it’s super hard to get close because does bed all along the field edge and no good way to get around them. I’d like to get my kayak in there but closest access is over a mile away and I don’t think I’m that ambitious haha. Tough decision whether to wait him out and hope he closes the distance one afternoon or try to sneak in and risk busting him out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, TheHornHunter said:

Got to watch one of my shooters feed for about an hour tonight, unfortunately I was 500 yards away on the opposite side of the field. Same thing happened last Sunday but he at least closed about half the distance then and gave me some hope. This property is a big peninsula with a field in the middle and the bucks almost always bed back by the point but it’s super hard to get close because does bed all along the field edge and no good way to get around them. I’d like to get my kayak in there but closest access is over a mile away and I don’t think I’m that ambitious haha. Tough decision whether to wait him out and hope he closes the distance one afternoon or try to sneak in and risk busting him out.

You need a partner to bump it from the other side towards you.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TheHornHunter said:

We’ve tried that previous seasons and the big bucks just circle around the person that jumps them. It’s super thick crap. My partner and I might try it again, probably a last day tactic since we’ll either kill him or he’ll be long gone

Need more guys to push then :) ..works great to wind bump.

Edited by suburbanfarmer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TheHornHunter said:

We’ve tried that previous seasons and the big bucks just circle around the person that jumps them. It’s super thick crap. My partner and I might try it again, probably a last day tactic since we’ll either kill him or he’ll be long gone

Walk one behind the other  . Leave one  where you start to push . The first one makes the circle.  

• Like 2

Looks like another rainy/snowy day tomorrow morning. If it was another day of the regular season I would probably turn the alarm off but I’m excited to carry the muzzleloader for the first time. I put a lot of effort in getting it ready and getting myself ready for it that I want to get out and use it.

• Like 4

Got a pic of what I’m afraid is the shooter I was watching in the field yesterday and he shed both sides :( could be wrong and it’s not a great photo, but I got pics of all the other regular bucks back there last night and they all had horns. I would LOVE to find the shed with the unicorn point, somehow he managed to make it all the way to a few days ago when this pic was taken without breaking it off

e8380a377b54fd0886810002c22d2f09.jpg

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, TheHornHunter said:

Got a pic of what I’m afraid is the shooter I was watching in the field yesterday and he shed both sides :( could be wrong and it’s not a great photo, but I got pics of all the other regular bucks back there last night and they all had horns. I would LOVE to find the shed with the unicorn point, somehow he managed to make it all the way to a few days ago when this pic was taken without breaking it off

e8380a377b54fd0886810002c22d2f09.jpg

Beauty of a buck! It would be cool to get the sheds this year then kill him next year.

Good Morning and Good Luck to anyone else still looking to punch a tag. 

Careful, the weather may have a nice coat of ice on anything left out depending on your area. My ladder was coated and suffice to say, it made for a very cautious climb up.

Well I'm in. First sit in a few weeks, and first with the muzzy in a few years. Not real optimistic. No one should have been here recently, so I'm hoping the deer are a little more relaxed. Really I'm pulling in trail cams and getting my climber out now that the season is just about done. If a doe comes around though, I'll be ready.

One hour in and all is quiet. Not a single shot yet. 32 degrees feels like 23 and the snow is just starting to fall. I don’t have to great of expectations but I just couldn’t pass up on the first ever muzzleloader hunt.

• Like 4

A wet heavy snow started and forced me into the lower level of my two story blind.  A dead ash fell next to it during last Saturday’s wind storm and that is obstructing the view from upstairs.  It broke up high and the top is supported by a nearby white oak so it does not block my view from down here.

I was planning on driving down to my buddies southern tier camp around noon, but lacking a 4wd vehicle, I think I will pull the plug on that.  

I heard something moving around in the adjacent heavy cover, just before the snow started.  It may have been a deer, but more likely turkey(s).  That’s all I saw on my last hunt here a couple weeks ago.

E92F5EC7-757C-4625-8D59-2FF674416572.jpeg