LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

Sat one hardside blind. Nothing. Glad I wasn’t in a stand in this mess. Got down about 10 min early and made a loop back to truck. Saw one deer moving away about 100 yards. Too dark to tell more. Christmas shopping in the morning with kiddo and then back at it tomorrow afternoon. 

You can let yourself get down or not. Grind it out and stay focused. Good things will happen.

• Like 3

Wet and foggy afternoon. Quiet enough for a still hunt on some new ground. Got about half way through 22 acres, hope to do the second half tomorrow, but it looks like the ground won't be as quiet as today's mud. Doe and fawn at sunset. No shot with a wet and foggy scope.1f232a6f2d458a57e3709c90f46e46b0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Sat one hardside blind. Nothing. Glad I wasn’t in a stand in this mess. Got down about 10 min early and made a loop back to truck. Saw one deer moving away about 100 yards. Too dark to tell more. Christmas shopping in the morning with kiddo and then back at it tomorrow afternoon. 

You can let yourself get down or not. Grind it out and stay focused. Good things will happen.

I’m counting on you tomorrow, you’re my last Hail Mary pick for robs game….

Get it done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Chef said:

I’m counting on you tomorrow, you’re my last Hail Mary pick for robs game….

Get it done

Wasn’t even aware of being chosen in that game lol.

I got promoted at work so it’s been fewer hours in the woods the past two weeks or so.

Edited by phade

I got promoted at work so it’s been fewer hours in the woods the past two weeks or so.

Well congrats! But excuses are like A holes and I expect more out of you

Ps you shoot a 7 or better and I most likely win

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Yesterday's drives were a complete bust. On the last one we kicked up two good bucks but before anybody was in position,and those bucks did not stick around,full speed escape for those two.

We all were stumped as to where the deer were hiding that day. We covered a lot of ground...

Heading out in 3S for a bow hunt this morning. 35° with 13-17mph winds. 716am sunrise and falling temps. Not expecting much, but we’ll see what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Haha…I’ve tried that reverse psychology trick too!!! I see CHOCOLATE RACK AT 10:09!!!! Book it!

I've followed this form for a long time, never really have posted but thought I would this morning. After a stressful beginning season my first first child was born a few weeks before rifle season opened over a month premature and a lot of driving to and from the hospital (about 2hr drive, they wouldn't let us stay at the hospital) and bringing my son home at under 4lbs didnt leave much time for hunting and when I did have time to get out the conditions weren't great. But I'm glad to say I was able to get out and connect with a doe to put a little meat in the freezer.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 25

2 minutes ago, gjackson said:

I've followed this form for a long time, never really have posted but thought I would this morning. After a stressful beginning season my first first child was born a few weeks before rifle season opened over a month premature and a lot of driving to and from the hospital (about 2hr drive, they wouldn't let us stay at the hospital) and bringing my son home at under 4lbs didnt leave much time for hunting and when I did have time to get out the conditions weren't great. But I'm glad to say I was able to get out and connect with a doe to put a little meat in the freezer.

Congrats on the birth of your son.  Hope he is doing great now.    And congrats on the doe.  

Congrats on your son and the deer! Welcome I hope you continue to post!

8 minutes ago, gjackson said:

Congrats on the doe and a far bigger congrats on the new addition to your family.  I'm sure this Christmas will be a special one. 

19 minutes ago, gjackson said:

Congrats on your new hunting buddy. Glad he is home safe.

29 minutes ago, gjackson said:

Congrats to you and yours on the little hunting buddy!!!!grat's putting meat In the freezer aswell

13 hours ago, phade said:

13 hours ago, Chef said:

Well congrats! But excuses are like A holes and I expect more out of you emoji23.png

Ps you shoot a 7 or better and I most likely win

If phade stays home, or shoots a nice fat doe, I might win!!! :victory:

If phade stays home, or shoots a nice fat doe, I might win!!! :victory:

Hey now. Don’t encourage lazy ness.

It’s ok old man. we all know if he doesn’t shoot a good buck it’s because I let you win

• Haha 1

This was me this fall too. Great for my career but tough timing for hunting season and possibly seasons to come

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chef said:

Hey now. Don’t encourage lazy ness.

It’s ok old man. we all know if he doesn’t shoot a good buck it’s because I let you win

Thanks for taking it easy on me! :good: