LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

9 minutes ago, Belo said:

This was me this fall too. Great for my career but tough timing for hunting season and possibly seasons to come

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keep doing what you're doing. You are successful, and still kill deer!

• Like 1

Some nice white stuff finally on the ground. Sick and tired of all this rain. A North wind is really rare for this property.....but we are setup perfectly for it. Nothing is safe this morning....doe, buck, yote.....they are all on the hit list.
db63094875dfbe7ba6ee3c69743b9f95.jpg

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

CE451365-F1BC-47E8-A35A-A954CA69F5C2.thumb.jpeg.a788560f27b28ecb9f0cd36a358d0df3.jpeg

Well, shit.

Spent yesterday inside planning my last hunt for today. Slow start due to work but walked out at 9:00 am to find two does on my hill just 30 yards away. Staring at me. 

I swung my ML up, steadied on the chest of the larger and paused. Then I lowered my gun. 

After a frustrating two years of rifle hunting, shooting a deer essentially from my porch wasn’t the experience I was after. 

Am now sitting in the snow bouncing between regret and the confidence I made the right decision. 

• Like 10

Went out yesterday and sat in the rain. Every year I tell myself I need to put some blinds out for crappy weather and every year I end up sitting out in some terrible conditions cursing myself for being lazy. Ended up seeing a ton of deer at the end of the night but my binoculars were so wet I couldn’t tell much other than some had antlers. I had set a towel out to bring along to deal with the exact situation but forgot it on my work bench so I ended up stripping my layers off trying to get to something that was dry enough to wipe them off… no luck.

Came back out this morning wjth mostly dry clothes and saw a really nice buck moving thru timber. Right now I’m sitting on ground with 4 does I know of bedded within 50 yards debating what to do. I suspect the buck is bedded another 100-200 yards further in and would like to hunt him this afternoon but not sure how to get myself out of here without busting these does, two you can see in this pic.

fe5c45c01f103429d653978b83a2c77f.jpg

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, left field said:

CE451365-F1BC-47E8-A35A-A954CA69F5C2.thumb.jpeg.a788560f27b28ecb9f0cd36a358d0df3.jpeg

Well, shit.

Spent yesterday inside planning my last hunt for today. Slow start due to work but walked out at 9:00 am to find two does on my hill just 30 yards away. Staring at me. 

I swung my ML up, steadied on the chest of the larger and paused. Then I lowered my gun. 

After a frustrating two years of rifle hunting, shooting a deer essentially from my porch wasn’t the experience I was after. 

Am now sitting in the snow bouncing between regret and the confidence I made the right decision. 

That would’ve been a somewhat less than heroic harvest I guess. But there’s also value in experiencing the kill and doing the field dressing and butchering afterwards. Also meat. 

I probably would’ve taken the shot but that’s only because I like to save my heroic gestures for this forum. 

• Like 3

No deer seen. I’m done for the day but got to see [mention=327]crappyice[/mention] and give him a quick tour of my 3S spot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Sounds like your running an unlicensed guide operarion at the other end of the state! Hope @crappy paid ya well under the table for the "tour".

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

That would’ve been a somewhat less than heroic harvest I guess. But there’s also value in experiencing the kill and doing the field dressing and butchering afterwards. Also meat. 

I probably would’ve taken the shot but that’s only because I like to save my heroic gestures for this forum. 

I shot my doe after seeing her on my way to my barn. Meat!! I am not picky during gun season when it comes to the experience. But we all have different approaches...

• Like 1

No deer seen. I’m done for the day but got to see [mention=327]crappyice[/mention] and give him a quick tour of my 3S spot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

e9f72eabc17dec87cc888405bb23927c.jpg

Who showed who what!?!?
This girl was just down the road from Bizzy’s spot
Always appreciate walking other peoples grounds (with their permission of course) to get a sense of all the posts all year.

• Like 2

You and [mention=762]Chef[/mention] ain’t counting growie out are you. I got a feeling she’s knocking down a slammer and doe right before her alarm goes off from her cardboard blind….

No way man, the UPS man is going to run it over right before she gets a chance to shoot

• Like 3

Today’s 11:00-2 full moon sit is sponsored by Emergen-C and cherry pie(no hostess brand but it will do).
f2dfdf7d18b99929b2b49cd9854cf10c.jpg

Didn’t bump anyone out today like I have done for my evening sits so hopefully I beat them here
99427041cd95ee294c3b0f2b0703f883.jpg
37 degrees and wind kicking up to 15 or so

• Like 5

Today’s 11:00-2 full moon sit is sponsored by Emergen-C and cherry pie(no hostess brand but it will do).
f2dfdf7d18b99929b2b49cd9854cf10c.jpg

Didn’t bump anyone out today like I have done for my evening sits so hopefully I beat them here
99427041cd95ee294c3b0f2b0703f883.jpg
37 degrees and wind kicking up to 15 or so

Why only till two

Well, shit.

Sound familiar:
That things that unite us are greater that those that divide us. 
Enjoy your hunt!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BowmanMike said:

I shot my doe after seeing her on my way to my barn. Meat!! I am not picky during gun season when it comes to the experience. But we all have different approaches...

If I had some deer under my belt it might have been different. Might have. 

1 hour ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

Certainly no decision is more terminal and personal than choosing to end the life of a living creature.  

Yes. And it needs to be on my terms. Or equal terms. Or some arbitrary terms that I made up. Is there a difference between this deer at 30 yards from my porch and the same deer 300 yards over my ridge? To me there is. Or has to be.

But then, I'm the guy who leaves a spot on the river if I'm catching fish too easily.

• Like 2

Yes. And it needs to be on my terms. Or equal terms. Or some arbitrary terms that I made up. Is there a difference between this deer at 30 yards from my porch and the same deer 300 yards over my ridge? To me there is. Or has to be.
But then, I'm the guy who leaves a spot on the river if I'm catching fish too easily.

I could fill every tag from my back porch as well but have never and will never shoot one from there. 100yds and on other side of creek and it’s a completely different story even knowing they’re the same deer.

• Like 1