LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

Ended up passing a 1 pointer lol. He was what I thought was a big doe but when I got the binos on him I saw there was a half rack 3inch spike lol.

Did some pussy footing around on the way out and found a small dead doe, or what was left of it that somebody wounded and lost. Ugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

I could fill every tag from my back porch as well but have never and will never shoot one from there. 100yds and on other side of creek and it’s a completely different story even knowing they’re the same deer.

The only tag tag that I remember filling, during the late ML season, was a button buck that i shot out of my bedroom window.  There was 5 minutes of legal daylight left on the last day of the season.  I had worked 8 hours, rushed home, and did not have time to change into my hunting clothes. That one tasted as good or better than any that I killed deep in the woods.

I am trying to muster up the gumption to get out there right now.  I saw a big deer way out back yesterday, around 3:00 pm, but couldn’t tell if it was a buck or a doe.  I have a stand over in the area it ran to, with pretty good protection from the north east wind, so that’s where I will go.

It will need to have no antlers, or more than 3 points on a side, to get a shot out of me.  

Yes. And it needs to be on my terms. Or equal terms. Or some arbitrary terms that I made up. Is there a difference between this deer at 30 yards from my porch and the same deer 300 yards over my ridge? To me there is. Or has to be.
But then, I'm the guy who leaves a spot on the river if I'm catching fish too easily.

Never leave deer to find deer...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You guys hunting in the rain with your smoke poles, make sure to use a condom or at least tape and if you’re really careful maybe even change your powder.

Where can I find condoms small enough to stay on the barrel?

I’m asking for a friend.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yes. And it needs to be on my terms. Or equal terms. Or some arbitrary terms that I made up. Is there a difference between this deer at 30 yards from my porch and the same deer 300 yards over my ridge? To me there is. Or has to be.
But then, I'm the guy who leaves a spot on the river if I'm catching fish too easily.

Everything you said makes perfect sense. That’s what great about hunting, you decide and only you when and what to shoot. There are days I’ve passed deer that I will shoot the next. There is no wrong approach… except for maybe Wolc targeting buttons haha.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The only tag tag that I remember filling, during the late ML season, was a button buck that i shot out of my bedroom window.  There was 5 minutes of legal daylight left on the last day of the season.  I had worked 8 hours, rushed home, and did not have time to change into my hunting clothes. That one tasted as good or better than any that I killed deep in the woods.
I am trying to muster up the gumption to get out there right now.  I saw a big deer way out back yesterday, around 3:00 pm, but couldn’t tell if it was a buck or a doe.  I have a stand over in the area it ran to, with pretty good protection from the north east wind, so that’s where I will go.
It will need to have no antlers, or more than 3 points on a side, to get a shot out of me.  

You and I hunt for completely different reasons, me the thrill, you the meat.

I have zero issues with someone shooting one from their house, truck, camp ,etc. Its just not for me.

• Like 2

The only tag tag that I remember filling, during the late ML season, was a button buck that i shot out of my bedroom window.  There was 5 minutes of legal daylight left on the last day of the season.  I had worked 8 hours, rushed home, and did not have time to change into my hunting clothes.

Dude… sometimes it’s best to just keep some stories to yourself.

• Haha 1

I could fill every tag from my back porch as well but have never and will never shoot one from there. 100yds and on other side of creek and it’s a completely different story even knowing they’re the same deer.

Yea I have the same. Deer in the yard are off limits. It’s like the safe zone when you were kids playing tag lol! Once in the woods it’s on.

• Like 1

Well after a buncha days not out I am in the tower for the evening. Was headed to a different spot but felt that 27 degrees and freezing breeze and decided walls and heat are good. It will have to be a big buck to get a shot outa me. I don’t think a doe is on the menu tonight. At least not yet lol

1 hour ago, Belo said:

You guys hunting in the rain with your smoke poles, make sure to use a condom or at least tape and if you’re really careful maybe even change your powder.

Mini water balloons work the best.  One pack at the dollar store last a lifetime. 

• Like 4