LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

Let’s see what the last few hours bring.

Holiday season should be me 3 hunts at least. We’re going to knock down a bit of this corn this week. It’s hasn’t been winters enough to consolidate feeding so far here. Such a weird late season. 

919D0941-E064-4B83-9EBC-BDD001FB093E.png

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, phade said:

Holiday season should be me 3 hunts at least. We’re going to knock down a bit of this corn this week. It’s hasn’t been winters enough to consolidate feeding so far here. Such a weird late season. 

919D0941-E064-4B83-9EBC-BDD001FB093E.png

Talking with the taxi who hunts close to me , he echoed those comments . He said he has a ten acre food plot,and on warm days like today zero deer hit it , but if it was ten degrees he’d have 20 in it .

• Like 1

The cold wind forced me out of my $20 goosifer double ladder stand back in the woods after 2 hours.  I’d have only made an hour without the quart of hot cider that I drank back there.  Now I am up in my new, front barnwood wrapped blind where at least I have a little wind protection.

The field am looking over, for the last hour, is the same one that I filled my only late ML tag on(from that big white heated blind in the background) about 10 years ago.

EEE41305-BAE6-497A-9365-86307AEB9B75.jpeg

3 hours ago, Belo said:

Everything you said makes perfect sense. That’s what great about hunting, you decide and only you when and what to shoot. There are days I’ve passed deer that I will shoot the next. There is no wrong approach… except for maybe Wolc targeting buttons haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thankfully there are not that many idiots out there that use that stupid shit as their claim to fame. 

• Like 1

"felt that 27 degrees and freezing breeze and decided walls and heat are good".

Me too! Considered hunting this PM, but the walls and heat won the debate. I am such a wuss.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Eh at this point in the season we’ve all out in our time and unless your freezer is empty there’s nothing wrong with being a wuss haha

Talking with the taxi who hunts close to me , he echoed those comments . He said he has a ten acre food plot,and on warm days like today zero deer hit it , but if it was ten degrees he’d have 20 in it .

Today was warm? Shit man, not in my treestand this morning.

• Haha 1

I recently bought a scope mounted predator hunting red light. I charged it up and opened the back window to see how if it would be bright enough to see through the scope for predator hunting. Imagine my surprise when I shined it in my back yard and saw 4 does 50 yards from my house in the clover looking back at me! LOL But I never see squat in the woods during the day while hunting!

Edited by Cabin Fever
  • Like 1

919D0941-E064-4B83-9EBC-BDD001FB093E.thumb.png.808a93cdcfd45859a6b4d6ad54f7ac99.png

So you shot a 10pt right ?

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Chef said:

So you shot a 10pt right ?

Nope - had bucks on cam at 630 there, but nothing in daylight...besides 17 freaking does. Unreal. Couldn't grow an antler on one. And Sunday night....not shooting a doe w/work.

Nope - had bucks on cam at 630 there, but nothing in daylight...besides 17 freaking does. Unreal. Couldn't grow an antler on one. And Sunday night....not shooting a doe w/work.

Well I still hope you get one in the holiday week, I guess the old man won

Oh wait it goes through tomorrow this week…. Kindly hunt hard the next two days I’m sure you have some PTO

Noticed a bunch of crows in a tree on my road, found this in a spot where people frequently dump garbage.  So damn sad.  Anyone I should report this to?

IMG_20211220_081632.thumb.jpg.34b264abace7f2d2158de96247b3a14b.jpg

Do you see a bullet or arrow wound? If not it’s probably roadkill that someone wanted the rack from

• Like 2

Started out yesterday watching 4 doe leave a bedding area, but I wasn’t able to get a shot I liked so I let them go. Then I went to Stewart and bumped a few deer that went the opposite way I thought they’d run by the way I was pushing. Met up with Cynthia and she did a couple pushes but the deer scooted out the other way on that drive too.

On my way out I was driving and saw what I swore was a deer head in a tall grassy field. I turned around, parked at the closest spot and walked in to where I thought they may be. Sure enough there were two doe just standing there with out a care unit the world on 40 yards from me. I picked up the muzzleloader and it took every bit of me not to pull the trigger. Perfect broadside shots on both of them. All I was thinking was that I had to be at work at 6:30 and I didn’t want to be too tired driving home. I do regret not shooting, especially when I woke up to 25 degree weather and I could have let it hang with out a problem. I’ll be back there Sunday probably. Hopefully they’re still there

• Like 5