LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

I did not see any deer from the trailer park stand tonight, but my parents saw one come out at 4:30, into the clover plot that I had hunted over until 1:30.  

They couldn’t see any antlers but they said that it looked pretty big.  I am thinking it was forky and not the bb.  I wouldn’t have shot him yet anyhow, unless he had already dropped his little salad forks.  

I used my last vacation day today.  If my buck tag makes it thru tomorrow’s paid hunting holiday at home, then it will be game on for forky, New Year’s Day afternoon, back over at my parents place.  

They want me to come back over and cut up a tree that is partially blocking a trail, so I will take care of that first.  I will probably skip the early morning hunt on New Year’s Day, and do some late morning chainsaw work over there instead.

Edited by wolc123

We had some good action in 9h tonight....around 4:30 3 doe appeared in the neighbors cut corn...then every so often ypu could see one of them running all around the corn. Sure enough a nice shooter stepped out and was harassing the ladies. We were at the ready in case one ran our way....but they stayed 350-400 out on the neighbors side.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

• Sad 1

My first sit if the Holiday Hunt. 38 and a sprinkle here and there. It will have to be a goodun to get me to shoot. I can’t believe I had one day all season with more that an inch or two of snow. Deer still not in any kind of winter pattern. After 8 days of sitting in 70+ degrees and constant sunshine I was overloaded on vitamin D and the dismal cloudy NY was needed lol not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got into my new front tree stand at home about 20 minutes before sunrise.  Did not spook any deer on the short walk back .  Plan is to stick it out here until 1:00, then go have a bowl of soup in the house. 

I don’t expect to see anything this morning as the closest corn plot is pretty well consumed but there is some decent winter wheat in shooting distance and this stand is very comfortable.

I am more confident in the afternoon hunt here, when I will head to a centrally located stand that I have not used since the September early antlerless season.  

It is in range of a good corn plot and another field of winter wheat.  I hope that I can get to it without spooking any deer, which happened on my last two attempts to hunt that area.

93F3BB32-BCA6-46EC-84A8-DB45CD9810A2.thumb.jpeg.69af28e034264b09ec38fb1face1e158.jpeg

• Like 1

Doing my first holiday sit. Sitting in a ground blind until this rain lets up then jumping into my stand.  I'm not a huge fan of the limited view out of the ground blind but sure am enjoying staying dry.

• Like 1

I think I did finally manage to kill a deer from under my tree umbrella during the early ML season up north this year, but the rain had stopped by the time she offered up a shot.  

I will see if I can pop one from under the “snare drum” today.  Good, steady rain falling right now.  Keep you powder dry folks. Note the finger condom is in place.  
A59E262E-2757-4219-8722-5CE30BF5F12B.thumb.jpeg.7a34c7afaccb95fdbd90339575b6b18c.jpeg