LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

Congrats on those who punched.
im pretty annoyed. Hunted along our corn plot. Third time since last day of regular. Not a deer seen. Very unusual. Extremely. Had one cam on plot. A few does and small bucks at night but real low utilization. A few yotes and fox but nothing out of norm. Only standing corn for miles.
On way out, I walked out on a path through corn. Saw white hair and a leg. Inspected and found a dead 2.5 8 in the plot. Probably been there 3 weeks. Makes sense now. No arrow but the deer likely wasn’t killed by a car here.
The annoying part is last year I had to put down a two year old buck who was shot. Same stand. In total, in eight seasons, this makes 6….6! Two year olds who we have found dead, put down, or have on cam with bolts in them within 100 yards of this stand. Add to that one doe with a bolt in her. On the very first one eight years ago we made contact with the hunter and it didn’t go well because they trespassed without asking while trailing the deer. It is a safety issue for us. Let us know and heck we will help track. I’m sure it’s the same neighbor and it’s getting annoying. I’ve passed this guy three times this year. It’s gonna happen - deer that you pass may get shot. But damn this is annoying. 
F7833167-988D-4CE3-8F7D-8B50C1F82BCF.thumb.jpeg.5a923b73fc566929693b806ca0cafdd1.jpeg
BD83E515-5F51-405C-BA7D-AA86F3F0BB19.thumb.jpeg.4a8f378180c5a0c30e61b70d7fbd0aa4.jpeg

That sucks. All crossbow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In til dark, good luck to everyone on their final "2021" sit... 

If ł knew it would be foggy like this ł would've opted for the Xbow over the muzzleloader. Oh well, it might clear and my view may expand further up the hill.

Little knee biter at the neighboring parcel was on a property line trail yapping. We'll see how everything plays out.

Screenshot_20220101-131647_Gallery.jpg

• Like 1

Hopefully, forky will make one final appearance for me this afternoon.  If he does, it will be the first time I will try to kill him.   What better place could there be, for him to spend the winter, than in my freezer with his daddy and his little brother ?

5D15E69F-BFD4-48F5-8F39-FE0B813F22C6.thumb.jpeg.dfd606a6102027223320814c01daaf4c.jpeg

In and sitting in the last ladder stand I put up a few weeks ago. I wrestled with going for the most likely to take a deer versus the one with the best view for my last day of the season. 

After the past couple of  years I (we) just had I chose making memories over making meat! A deer would just be a bonus to the view from where I am sitting.  

It’s moments like this I reflect and remember how much I love this country and our way of life, and how I pray we do not ever lose it for our children and grandchildren to know and love too.  

If my recent close call with a real possibility of dying has reminded me of anything, it is how fragile life is and should never be taken for granted.  

Good luck to all still out there. 
And Happy New Year to all of you! 

• Like 9

My only motivation to make it out today was my youngest daughter wanting to go with me. We all had a late night and she ended up not wanting to go out so instead we sat on the couch and watched some tv together. She’s off playing with her sister now but it was nice having some one on one time with her and now there’s not enough time to make it into the woods.

Up and in for the last 2 hours. Again 48 degrees! In my double stand past the Hole my brother got his big 8 from way back in bow. Had a big buck on cam over here that I think is the one who gave his buck the bruises and tine marks.
9cd1004187a86db2c430085e71de99ab.jpg
Not sure if he’s still alive but he was 2 weeks ago.

• Like 3

In for the last sit of the year. At my cousins place.  Didn’t think I’d get out today but as usual the weather man was wrong.  Saw 2 down in the brush under the power lines as I was making my way up the hill to my current spot. Haven’t hunted here yet this year. My cousin got 1 out of here during gun season and saw deer almost every time he was out during muzzleloader. He’s out of town til Tuesday so I figured I’d give this a try for the last day!!  F19F4659-E729-4E0D-9D7A-1E9B11D7E856.thumb.jpeg.88f6a2cad65928a8ea5a692c0d874152.jpeg

• Like 2