LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

57 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

Probably, it’s his hair.

If you recall correctly, fsw fell short this year of connecting with "his" target buck. It seemed to be a disappointing season for him, add to that he was worried someone else may have gotten that one during the holiday season. Worse yet after the antlers dropped.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Just Lucky said:

If you recall correctly, fsw fell short this year of connecting with "his" target buck. It seemed to be a disappointing season for him, add to that he was worried someone else may have gotten that one during the holiday season. Worse yet after the antlers dropped.  

Carful,  calling out the king :rolleyes:.

Edited by rob-c
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

In for my second hunt of 2022.  It seemed weird yesterday but it almost seems illegal today. 

Good luck. I'm waiting until tomorrow, cold but some sun shine for a change. I'll be toting the new crossbow with an 15" tip to tip width.

• Like 1

Killed a caribou in Alaska, a stones through from the Yukon boarder, my buddy did too. We were bowhunting together and I had a transporter fly us in for a dyi hunt. It was late August, waited about 5 days for the transport to get out after we had bulls down. Meat was fine.
Moose bowhunt, same area. Same thing meat was fine.
Packed out 7 elk so far from successful bow hunts, all temps and several days hanging and hiking.
All fine

Did the same with a handful of high county mule deer, packed them out as well.

Coues deer in Mexico and Az…yep hot there packed them out as well.
Spring bear in AK and BC…yep packed them out as well.

I know I am missing some too… anyway my point is it meat, not ice cream. It isn’t going to melt. Humans have been keeping meat from spoiling in backcountry and wilds for thousands of years and we have survived and thrived.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Trial153 said:

Killed a caribou in Alaska, a stones through from the Yukon boarder, my buddy did too. We were bowhunting together and I had a transporter fly us in for a dyi hunt. It was late August, waited about 5 days for the transport to get out after we had bulls down. Meat was fine.
Packed out 7 elk so far from successful bow hunts, all temps and several days hanging and hiking.
All fine

I know I am missing some too… anyway my point is it meat, not ice cream. It isn’t going to melt. Humans have been keeping meat from spoiling in backcountry and wilds for thousands of years and we have survived and thrived.

Lol, you packed them out with the guts in them?  Or left them hang for days with the guts in?

I think you have to flip back a couple pages here….. :)

• Like 2

Lol, you packed them out with the guts in them?  Or left them hang for days with the guts in?
I think you have to flip back a couple pages here…..

Deer, and plenty of other game get killed and dont get recovered till the next day and in many cases the meat it just fine. Especially in weather like we have in NY in December. Your making a big deal out of nothing.
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Trial153 said:

Deer, and plenty of other game get killed and dont get recovered till the next day and in many cases the meat it just fine. Especially in weather like we have in NY in December. Your making a big deal out of nothing.

It was done on purpose.   

Hung high for the neighbors to enjoy in the subdivision.   

Temperatures were in the high 40’s by 7:30am

And again, it was dead at the shot.  “Destroyed the heart”.   

17 hours-give or take with the entrails in.  It’s a hard pass for me.  

• Like 1

It was done on purpose.   

Then it’s a pass for you. Quit patting your self on your back, you going to hurt your shoulder with all that stretching.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Trial153 said:

Then it’s a pass for you. Quit patting your self on your back, you going to hurt your shoulder with all that stretching.

Lol ok.  I just hope others don’t think that is appropriate.  I guarantee there’s going to be plenty of “gray” meat in those hindquarters.  Please don’t you or anybody else tell me there won’t be.  

Is it safe to consume?  Define safe……

Also, as a matter of fact I do have issues with my left shoulder.  Maybe it’ll get better after this dies off…….maybe not.   

2 minutes ago, suburbanfarmer said:

Yup, we need to lock this thread and move to a new one :) for 2022

The season here in 1C is still open until the end of the month. And today is the first day of gun. Good luck to all who are still out there. I may actually try to get out this week with the bow for the first time in a long while if things go my way. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, NonTypical said:

The season here in 1C is still open until the end of the month. And today is the first day of gun. Good luck to all who are still out there. I may actually try to get out this week with the bow for the first time in a long while if things go my way. 

Good luck..shoot something so we can move to a new topic :)

1 minute ago, suburbanfarmer said:

Good luck..shoot something so we can move to a new topic :)

Haha. I’ll try. Maybe we can just start another thread for the bickering since someone kept complaining about the vaccination thread and got it shut down. I’d really hate for that to happen in this thread as there are still a few of us planning on putting some time in the woods. 

• Like 2

All fine

The missing link here… I’d be every single one of those animals was gutted after the kill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

The missing link here… I’d be every single one of those animals was gutted after the kill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven’t gutted any big game except whitetails in the last 15 years or so. Try again.

Edit : I gut lopes as well as you can alway almost drive up to pick them up
  • Like 1

Got to love how the cancel culture  has invaded a hunting forum... always the same ones stirring the pot  arguing opinions... then scream lock it up . 

Personally I could care less ... I just ignore the thread or the trouble makers . 

Gramps always said common sence ,common courtesy, and common respect made for a civil society.  Attributes in people lost on todays society.  

He also said you can't argue opinions. That's a hopless cause.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stubborn1VT said:

I don't get where you think I'm jealous of you.  I'm totally satisfied with my hunting.  I never said you didn't earn it.  Insecure much?  I could care less what you shoot.  You do come on here and run it about what others shoot.  You've done it in the last 24 hours.  That's a fact.  You don't bring anything positive to the forum IMO.  You can barely post a single thing without bragging.  The last thing I am in jealous of someone who plays tough guy on the internet.  For all I know you're a 64 year old woman who shoots fawns with a crossbow over bait.  I'm done with it.  Just thought you might like to know you come off like a tool and I'm not alone in this opinion.

Of course your done, Typical of a jealous person posting on a site. You called me out on not talking fact and when I bring you to the floor you spin the conversation seven ways to Sunday. Now I’m an internet tough guy because I spoke 100% fact on harvests and subjects. You want to bring up my deer business next and say how bad a thing that is?  Hell if anyone should be questioned it should be you. You on a Whitetail conversation and in the 10 plus years I have been on here I don’t think I have seen any of your harvests!   Now that probably explains your insecurities when I post mine every year but maybe if you gave it a little more effort and earned it you could some day post up the same. You know There is one on here that would be more than happy to give ya a few pointers to start you out on targeting the smallest of the species to get you started. 

2 hours ago, Just Lucky said:

Again talking smack. You think it’s disappointing when someone in Ny drops 2 over averaged bucks yearly? You see that’s what’s called real hunting when you find and can target those mature bucks and have plenty of choices year in and year out.    And when those bucks are running on close to 1000 acres of prime habitat that was not touched by anyone after the regular season it’s doubtful any of those remaining boys had any issues with hunters.   You should try that mature buck thing next year and see how you measure up with the best of the best. Never disappointment playing with the best               

1 hour ago, Lawdwaz said:

It was done on purpose.   

Yet it’s none of your business. Yet your one of the first to call others out for doing some of the same crap. Perfect. 

• Like 1