LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

1 minute ago, WNYTRPR said:

To a point, I understand where you’re coming from .You’re just a bit over the top and it’s a bad look .Not like you care ,just saying .

When one casts stones this way they best be ready for rocks to be returned.                 Just sad when it’s the same jealous ones season after season. Lol. After 10 plus years on this site I have seen it all. And then some. 

Honestly up until about a year ago I gutted every deer I shot as soon as I got to it. But then I spent some time hunting in the south and the Midwest and they will let it hang for a day with the guts in it in 50-60 degree weather. I’d never push it that far, but us northerners were the butt of quite a few gutting comments. So after those experiences and spending time with outfitters that deal with 50+ deer a year I’m willing to let it sit over night and deal with it in the morning when it’s around 40 or lower. I’m not saying my way is the best way by any means, or that anyone else should copy it and honestly don’t even know how the whole gutting thing came up. My buck is going to be hanging for at least a day so he’s gutted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hunted down south for 3 years and never once saw this. The reason for gutting as soon as you can is not just a contamination issue, but cooling the cavity as well.

Is it absolutely necessary? No. But it’s a best practice.

4 minutes ago, WNYTRPR said:

To a point, I understand where you’re coming from .You’re just a bit over the top and it’s a bad look .Not like you care ,just saying .

Regarding FSW,  he's really only here to be antagonistic.  Like others have said, he doesn't add anything to the forum. 

All of us Karen's need to hang our heads in shame........

Deer, and plenty of other game get killed and dont get recovered till the next day and in many cases the meat it just fine. Especially in weather like we have in NY in December. Your making a big deal out of nothing.

The point is that it’s not the preferred method and not intentional.

29 minutes ago, Chef said:

On what grounds should I be permanently banned?

On the one that I have planned numerous forum get togethers?

On the one where I have shown many forum members fishing spots?

On the one where I have let forum members hunt my land?

On the one where I sent a free bow to a forum member for his nephew?

On the one where I helped a forum member source cheaper products for his business?

What have you done to be a member of this community.

For your stupid liberal views.you dont like it so cancel it.

• Like 3

Why hunt if you don’t eat what you kill?

You eat every fish you catch? Or do you enjoy the catch? I hunt because I live for the chase, that’s why I consider myself a trophy hunter.

Every deer I kill gets eaten, just not by me.

• Like 4

You eat every fish you catch? Or do you enjoy the catch? I hunt because I live for the chase, that’s why I consider myself a trophy hunter.

That’s fair, and I apologize! I took the opportunity for a cheap shot when I shouldn’t have.

In fact I propose with the vaccine thread done that you and I start over and try and remain civil

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Chef said:

That’s fair, and I apologize! I took the opportunity for a cheap shot when I shouldn’t have.

I think that’s why a lot of people have a problem with you Chef. You always take opportunities for cheap shots when you shouldn’t. You can’t say this is an isolated incident. 

1 minute ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

And you do it in the most original forms . .When i think of the definition of a “Hunter”,the way you do it is what comes to my mind .Anyone can sit in front of a Food plot .

• Like 2

I think that’s why a lot of people have a problem with you Chef. You always take opportunities for cheap shots when you shouldn’t. You can’t say this is an isolated incident. 

I’d say there are maybe a few that have a problem and that’s far from true…

How many have taken shots at my weight or what they think my profession is over the last few weeks.

That being said I will extend to you the same olive branch I did to him.. this place is about hunting not that other crap.

I’m willing to stick to our common interest and all act like adults

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

Regarding FSW,  he's really only here to be antagonistic.  Like others have said, he doesn't add anything to the forum. 

All of us Karen's need to hang our heads in shame........

Were not all born being outgoing and friendly .We have to look past others personality disorders .lol

In fact I propose with the vaccine thread done that you and I start over and try and remain civil

Your cheap shots mean nothing.

Not a chance, I still think you’re a complete idiot. “I would say a_s hole but I’ve been formally warned so idiot will have to do.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Four Seasons said:

When one casts stones this way they best be ready for rocks to be returned.                 Just sad when it’s the same jealous ones season after season. Lol. After 10 plus years on this site I have seen it all. And then some. 

Maybe so .Start sharing your info with people then .I’m always ready to learn 

Went on a camera and blind collecting mission this moring. Creek was raging but we manged to plow through it with the rzr. Coldest crappiest day of the year...but we had fun!933ea5e3ca13a233912e292c2a646fde.jpgbdeaa1a17eb41957b483e8920b00b6e3.jpg

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

You don’t leave them up a little to see who survived?

• Like 1

For many, it is not ALL about the meat.  I see nothing wrong with that,  so long as the meat goes somewhere where it is appreciated.  

There will always be vegetarians and folks who prefer eating domesticated animals. 

No, for many that’s not true. It would be a minority.

1 minute ago, WNYTRPR said:

And you do it in the most original forms . .When i think of the definition of a “Hunter”,the way you do it is what comes to my mind .Anyone can sit in front of a Food plot .

That’s not as easy as it sounds.  This button buck was pretty elusive when he stepped out onto my clover plot at 4:18 pm yesterday.  He showed up two minutes prior to the previous time, two days prior, so I wasn’t  quite ready.

My gun was pointed in the wrong direction, and he came from a place I didn’t expect.  He would take a step or two, then turn away.  Each time he turned, I inched my gun his way, but he would turn back stared me down.  I had to freeze (he probably saw my orange hat), and try not to blink.

774699EC-AB92-49E3-88E0-18EA69AB720A.thumb.jpeg.bf18e7b74246cb940be5c06ba5cfa0d6.jpeg 

• Like 1

Would you quit hunting if you developed an allergy to red meat? I would not. 

I sure as heck would hunt a lot less. The topic has come up about cwd. What if it jumped to humans. Some real good meateater discussions on this. The passion i have for the sport would be greatly, greatly diminished.

• Like 1