LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

2 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

That’s not as easy as it sounds.  This button buck was pretty elusive when he stepped out onto my clover plot at 4:18 pm yesterday.  He showed up two minutes prior to the previous time, two days prior, so I wasn’t  quite ready.

My gun was pointed in the wrong direction, and he came from a place I didn’t expect.  He would take a step or two, then turn away.  Each time he turned, I inched my gun his way, but he would turn back stared me down.  I had to freeze (he probably saw my orange hat), and try not to blink.

774699EC-AB92-49E3-88E0-18EA69AB720A.thumb.jpeg.bf18e7b74246cb940be5c06ba5cfa0d6.jpeg 

I understand that ,I’ve killed many to know that (not bragging).But IMO ,and before my ass gets jumped on ,I’m not discrediting anyone ,the way he does it is what I envision, a true hunter .

• Haha 1

That’s not as easy as it sounds.  This button buck was pretty elusive when he stepped out onto my clover plot at 4:18 pm yesterday.  He showed up two minutes prior to the previous time, two days prior, so I wasn’t  quite ready.

My gun was pointed in the wrong direction, and he came from a place I didn’t expect.  He would take a step or two, then turn away.  Each time he turned, I inched my gun his way, but he would turn back stared me down.  I had to freeze (he probably saw my orange hat), and try not to blink.
774699EC-AB92-49E3-88E0-18EA69AB720A.thumb.jpeg.bf18e7b74246cb940be5c06ba5cfa0d6.jpeg 

The dumbest deer in the woods is not illusive. We’ve seem the pic at least 3 times now. How many more is needed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Belo said:

The dumbest deer in the woods is not illusive. We’ve seem the pic at least 3 times now. How many more is needed?

Somebodies got to put up some deer pics since your too scared to put up any.  

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Belo said:

Do you trap to sell or use the pelts or to manage predators for the game you do hunt?

You see the difference right?

In the spring ,summer ,they all get tossed .Hundreds if not thousands every year .The Fall and winter hides I do sell/use .

I don’t see the difference.If someone wants to hunt to donate ,by all means do it .If they hunt to chop antlers off and  leave the rest ,then they can live with that .

11 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

I have a feeling I’ll be seeing this pic a lot lol

• Haha 2

In the spring ,summer ,they all get tossed .Hundreds if not thousands every year .The Fall and winter hides I do sell/use .
I don’t see the difference.If someone wants to hunt to donate ,by all means do it .If they hunt to chop antlers off and  leave the rest ,then they can live with that .

But are you doing it for a reason? Just answer the question.

3 minutes ago, Belo said:

But are you doing it for a reason? Just answer the question.

Yes ,because I love to do it .I don’t need the money ,I don’t need to do it .i do it for nobody but myself .

Edited by WNYTRPR

That’s disturbing. Your ok with someone shooting a deer to cut the antlers off and leaving the rest to rot?

And fine with trapping and tossing hundreds or thousands of animals to boot?

I may be misunderstanding and if so I apologize.

But why go out and kill something you have no intentions of eating.. sounds like killing for pleasure if you ask me.

You know one of those waring Signs to mental illness

Oh boy... He never said the meat was going to waste. Isn't this the same thing as shaming someone for shooting a deer that isn't up to your standards? You've never killed anything you have no intention of eating? Coyote? Skunk? Opossum? Crow? Diver ducks?
Jesus, you people must've had bad Christmases or something. Who cares when someone else guts their deer?? You aren't eating it, and it's no different than letting one lay overnight. I wouldn't have made the same choice not to gut the deer then, but I'm not eating it and I'm sure it's fine.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Just now, Fletch said:

That’s disturbing. Your ok with someone shooting a deer to cut the antlers off and leaving the rest to rot?

And fine with trapping and tossing hundreds or thousands of animals to boot?

I may be misunderstanding and if so I apologize.

You’re not misunderstanding anything .By law ,they must be discarded .So yes ,they get tossed .Cant handle that then I’m sorry .And I absolutely don’t agree with cutting antlers off and leaving them .

• Like 1