LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

1 hour ago, johnplav said:

Wait a minute… he was up here last year.  Good to know he’s still alive! 

E7E2A9D7-E41C-4CDA-B5F4-4073FF1504EF.jpeg

Nice 5.7 year old deer. Do the leaves even fall off the trees in San Antonio? Only been there in the summer poor me.

15 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Nice 5.7 year old deer. Do the leaves even fall off the trees in San Antonio? Only been there in the summer poor me.

That’s a WNY suburb deer… they all look alike when they’re fat, happy and untouchable.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, TheHornHunter said:

Live and learn… first lesson of 2022: don’t post pics of ungutted deer on here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See, that's where I have to steer you right again.  (easy, easy...just joking)  Pictures of ungutted animals in hero shots are where its at, IMO.   Easily done with a friend to help or a self timer on your phone or camera of course.  Even if you aren't in the picture, pre-dressed pics are great.

Sorry things got ugly yesterday, here's to better times! 

IMG_1059.JPG

• Like 7

I’m done with 2021 hunting season. Put an inch of snow on the ground and the light switch gets hit to our corn plot. These deer have been there for for 18 hours straight and used up a month of data in one day. The bucks have been sticking to after dark hours.

Ohio this weekend and then I’m hanging it up.

20EF626F-320E-42EE-BF24-98D3C868A296.jpeg

DE5043FB-9A65-4861-9385-9F5B1F7C14B0.jpeg

• Like 8

1 minute ago, phade said:

I’m done with 2021 hunting season. Put an inch of snow on the ground and the light switch gets hit to our corn plot. These deer have been there for for 18 hours straight and used up a month of data in one day. The bucks have been sticking to after dark hours.

Ohio this weekend and then I’m hanging it up.

20EF626F-320E-42EE-BF24-98D3C868A296.jpeg

DE5043FB-9A65-4861-9385-9F5B1F7C14B0.jpeg

GL

Interesting last couple days for me. Sunday started our shotgun season here on Long Island. We were able to get reservations for sunday and today to hunt. To make the story short, I ended up shooting 2 deer yesterday with my muzzleloader and I got 1 deer today. my friend got one last night and shot 4 today. Another friend of mine got one tiny doe and a giant half rack buck. it was one of the bucks i was chasing. 4 1/2 year old deer from what the DEC biologist said. Shame it didnt have the full rack cause it was one hell of a deer. All in all we get 3 yesterday and 8 today. Unfortunately someone stole one of our deer. DEC located the guy and now were going though the lengthily process of proving this is our deer and he stole it. DEC is going to take a sample of the gut pile and match its DNA. POS this guy is to steal an already gutted and hanging deer

• Like 6
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Lets all enjoy this pic from my coworkers hood in San Antonio f5c2f7284178fc5cbea5cf69a7482d8f.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Your saying that's a photo and NOT a painting?  Sure looks like a Erie County Fair special to me with all those phony wrinkles......

Interesting last couple days for me. Sunday started our shotgun season here on Long Island. We were able to get reservations for sunday and today to hunt. To make the story short, I ended up shooting 2 deer yesterday with my muzzleloader and I got 1 deer today. my friend got one last night and shot 4 today. Another friend of mine got one tiny doe and a giant half rack buck. it was one of the bucks i was chasing. 4 1/2 year old deer from what the DEC biologist said. Shame it didnt have the full rack cause it was one hell of a deer. All in all we get 3 yesterday and 8 today. Unfortunately someone stole one of our deer. DEC located the guy and now were going though the lengthily process of proving this is our deer and he stole it. DEC is going to take a sample of the gut pile and match its DNA. POS this guy is to steal an already gutted and hanging deer

That’s crazy. Where did he steal it from? Hanging in someone’s yard?

In the 70’s stealing deer from Catskills hotels meat poles was common. My dad said if you got a good one you stayed out there all night to make sure nobody snatched it.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, Biz-R-OWorld said:

In the 70’s stealing deer from Catskills hotels meat poles was common. My dad said if you got a good one you stayed out there all night to make sure nobody snatched it.

So we drive the hell out of the property so when we shoot one we hang it in the woods and swing back to pick it up later. Done that for years and years and no one ever took any deer. This guy took it from a tree we had it hanging on, in the property. Usually cause you have to register every deer you shoot there with the check station

• Like 1

So we drive the hell out of the property so when we shoot one we hang it in the woods and swing back to pick it up later. Done that for years and years and no one ever took any deer. This guy took it from a tree we had it hanging on, in the property. Usually cause you have to register every deer you shoot there with the check station

What a loser. Hope they throw the book at him.

• Like 1

Why not just cut the head off and bring it inside ?

Or better yet, leave the guts in !

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Just now, Biz-R-OWorld said:

What a loser. Hope they catch him.

They know where the deer is. Guy didnt get a chance to butcher it before the DEC showed up. This deer has a muzzleloader shot to the right shoulder with no pass through. This guy was using a 12 gauge so there's no way to confuse the size between the two. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ATbuckhunter said:

Congrats on multiple successes.

If theft is an issue, next time cut deer tongue in a zigzag pattern before hanging. Fastestt way to match and prove its yours with DEC :)  

• Like 2

Congrats on multiple successes.
If theft is an issue, next time cut deer tongue in a zigzag pattern before hanging. Fastestt way to match and prove its yours with DEC   

I’ll have to remember that for the future. DEC found the gut pile and is taking a piece of it I assume

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, ATbuckhunter said:

They know where the deer is. Guy didnt get a chance to butcher it before the DEC showed up. This deer has a muzzleloader shot to the right shoulder with no pass through. This guy was using a 12 gauge so there's no way to confuse the size between the two. 

how did they know who it was?