LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

This thing is crazy fast and powerful . I did 50 lbs straight grind, and 30lbs with bacon ends. The burgers are AMAZING with bacon. All of this Is stuffed in 1lb bags with the grinder and I’m done in 2 hours.  I am gonna get the medium grinding plate, this is just a touch too fine for me.

8C27CD69-3DB9-493E-954E-31AEB24DD9C0.jpeg

Edited by Hock3y24
  • Like 4

Looks like I'll be able to make it to PA Saturday so after I wake up today I'm getting my gear set and shooting my bow a couple times. I'll also shoot it friday just to make sure nothings changed.  Then I'll be on the road first thing Saturday morning and in a tree by 530 since I'm hoping to beat everything back to the swamp before they bed.  Hoping for a late season buck.

• Like 5

Anybody go after small game at all yet? These weekends have been f'n cold. But if the sun pokes out the tree rats might be out. 
Still need to pull one blind so I will take along a .22 in case we stumble onto one. This time of year they seam few and far in-between unless like you said....the sun pokes out.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

MZ opens tomorrow in Ohio. Rather than head out tonight, we're going to drive down in the AM and hunt tomorrow PM and Sunday AM and head back. Not going to force a morning hunt without any real leads. Have some work to get done tomorrow morning, too, so that aligns well.

Ohio cams have been slow short of one 24 hour period middle of this week, but one shooter was in daylight, so at least there is a chance, lol.

Edited by phade
  • Like 4

We’re in the midst of getting a few inches of fresh snow this morning. My target buck is back in his bedding area this morning and I may try to get out later today if the snow removal doesn’t wear me out. I’m still far from 100%. We’ll see how it goes. 

I have the sausage stuffer attachment for the kitchenaid and it works OK for small batches.  I've got the LEM vertical for big batches and it's excellent. 
https://www.lemproducts.com/product/mighty-bite-5lb-sausage-stuffers/sausage-stuffers

Vertical press is the way to go VS one that stuffs through the grinder… smoother faster and less air

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be careful. I was chatting with a BOCES culinary teacher last week and he was telling me how cheap the kitchen aides really are for how much they cost. He said all the internal parts are plastic and even trying to blend frozen sticks of butter will fry the machine. He won't even use the bread hook attached because he said it puts way to much stress on the internal parts.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

I have used kitchen aids in commercial kitchens for years with not too many issues.

But the real question is did anyone else who grew up in NY use the word BOCE in place of retard as a kid?

• Like 1

We’re in the midst of getting a few inches of fresh snow this morning. My target buck is back in his bedding area this morning and I may try to get out later today if the snow removal doesn’t wear me out. I’m still far from 100%. We’ll see how it goes. 

Good luck!!!
My buddy sent me this guy from the north side of the island. Big old boy
d9a3882bb855dd8f0c357e62d2f94847.jpeg

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, phade said:

Ohio cams have been slow short of one 24 hour period middle of this week, but one shooter was in daylight, so at least there is a chance, lol.

Much better chance than most of us!!  Ill be checking trail cams and watching football.  Good Luck! 

37 minutes ago, Chef said:

Vertical press is the way to go VS one that stuffs through the grinder… smoother faster and less air

Didn't you mention a casing that comes on a plastic sleeve, and are easy to work with? 

We use salted casings that you have to slide onto the tube inch by inch and that slows down the process... especially when you are doing 40-50lbs at a time.  

11 minutes ago, johnplav said:

Didn't you mention a casing that comes on a plastic sleeve, and are easy to work with? 

We use salted casings that you have to slide onto the tube inch by inch and that slows down the process... especially when you are doing 40-50lbs at a time.  

Following

Most likely on unhuntable property.  

You’d be surprised how many people in those areas ether don’t know or care about deer. I was telling my brother Tuesday when we where heading home. My buck was most likely living on the other side of the highway for most of its life. It just goes to show if they have the genetics and time to grow the get big.

• Like 1

Yup…he kindly shared some with me and they are pretty cool
@Chef

• Like 1

Bows all good to go. Checking over my stand now and will get all my cold weather gear ready. Supposed to be 13 in the morning so hoping the pines on the edge of the swamp will hold some deer.  If it doesn't work out in the morning I'll be sitting over a food plot on a separate piece of stateland.

I won't be climbing to high 8-10' at most.  There's a bunch of pine trees so I don't need to climb high to be hidden.