LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

played a few hours of hooky this afternoon, i just couldn't sit inside. Did some work on the UTV installing a bumper and chainsaw holder and then cut down a few smaller trees in prep for my food plot. I had a long sleeve and jeans and that was too much, man is it warm out!

On 3/13/2022 at 6:23 PM, Belo said:

Had to cure some cabin fever today. Hacked some more trails and did that thing where you stand in the woods for a while just kind of looking. Like if anyone saw you they might be concerned about your mental health, but what you're really doing is deciding what might be a good tree for a stand and when you find that tree you wonder how much work it might be. At the same time you also know that the turkeys roost in this area and you're trying to find a good spot for a blind, but you're not really all that sure which trees they're roosting in and how you can approach it without spooking them.

Then you get home and you feel good about the work but you now have more questions than when you went in.

Anybody else? No? Just me?

Always have some surveyors flagging tape with you to mark a trail or tree you want to hang a stand or build a hide.   (Maybe not a whole roll, just a hunk)

11 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

Always have some surveyors flagging tape with you to mark a trail or tree you want to hang a stand or build a hide.   (Maybe not a whole roll, just a hunk)

i'm a youngen, I use OnX. Marks my spots without anyone knowing it haha

And New York!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's 2021 until May 1st
Plus Wolc's thread says "deer woods" which isn't where all of us spend our time

Well CT runs a simple calendar year for licensing. So it’s the 2022 season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

7 minutes ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

You lucky dog

The only thing stopping anyone from hunting the NZ is them not wanting to hunt the NZ. I don't get to spend even half as much time hunting up there as I used to, or that I'd like too.

• Like 1

This yearly thread was always started in September right before the season started. It was actually called Live from the Stand years ago. Nobody ever had a problem with it. The thing is here on Long Island, the season continues until the end of January. And with a title that says 2021, some of us were posting in a thread from the previous year but the same season. So I propose that a new Hunting thread is started in September when the season is about to kick off and is labeled 2022-2023, to cover the entire hunting season. Like the way it used to be. Then members that haven’t been around all summer don’t have to wade through 100 pages of BS before they even get to the real deer hunting posts. 

Edited by NonTypical
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, NonTypical said:

This yearly thread was always started in September right before the season started. It was actually called Live from the Stand years ago. Nobody ever had a problem with it. The thing is here on Long Island, the season continues until the end of January. And with a title that says 2021, some of us were posting in a thread from the previous year but the same season. So I propose that a new Hunting thread is started in September when the season is about to kick off and is labeled 2022-2023, to cover the entire hunting season. Like the way it used to be. Then members that haven’t been around all summer don’t have to wade through 100 pages of BS before they even get to the real deer hunting posts. 

It should be started by a Mod and the comments controlled like they have in the past. Weeds out all the uselessness. Picture and move along. 

• Like 1

Locked my cams up. This time the bastard took the memory card. Sometime between February and yesterday. Why do people suck?

Man that sucks! I have a couple dead cams, if you would like to use as a decoy and hide another one, to try to catch the dick?

1 minute ago, Kmartinson said:

Hang them high up and point them down. I use a climbing stick to climb up 4 or 5 feet higher

Yeah .... lesson learned after this ! I take a 6 Ft. ladder with me into the woods to change my chips every so often ! And have several Bait Cam's within easy reach , LOL

Edited by GreeneHunter

2 hours ago, GreeneHunter said:

Yeah .... lesson learned after this ! I take a 6 Ft. ladder with me into the woods to change my chips every so often ! And have several Bait Cam's within easy reach , LOL

I take a ladder into swamps with me but hanging cams this is my set up.

IMG_20220316_145440_237.jpg

• Like 2