LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

Tucked near a marsh/swamp. Not something I’ve been around in a while. Standing water and full grown trees in it. Found a land bridge about 76 yards to my NE when we were down Labor Day. I feel like that spot will be big come rut.

1DBED5F2-7280-406F-A027-7D509E85CB22.jpeg

• Like 5

Partner lost buck at his 9 o clock. Made a scrape and rubs. Big body but never got full view of him or enough to know more. Somewhat quiet for me although I only have two 20 yard lanes here. Can see two spots out about 60 yards but all else I’m not sure I’d see a giant within 20 yards due to thick cover and leafs.

Edited by phade

Felt great to be in stand.

Saw the doe and 2 yr old buck from the stand. Heard a lot of deer in the water. Might need to move stand 10-15 yards. But great first sit.

On way out had a doe and fawn in the dry beans. Surprised.

Hit the inside corner of the dry beans making a racket (rows were narrow) and I bust out the half blind buck who was 10 yards inside the wood line. I only got a glimpse but it was enough to certify him as he has a missing G3 on the non blind side. Makes sense because I have him on cam going back to bed only about 60-70 yards from that spot. I’m missing his PM route.

Partner saw the lone buck but never got an ID.

• Like 5