LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

27 minutes ago, Nomad said:

And I think I just got points 

I'm not sure how the point system works but you definitely got some points today.

I was also able to gain some info on the big buck that I'm after. I'm hoping to slip in later this week and move a stand for next weekend.

7 hours ago, cdbing said:

From the sounds of it, my take is that was a survivable high back hit. Unfortunately, been there done that.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

A day later I think the same. I wish I had aimed lower,that would have been smart shooting from the ground like that. If anything miss low...

Had planned on a full day sit but it was so slow, went home and cooked pot roast. Lol.  I got about 3 days to get it done this week.  A whopping 2 sits for about 6 hours so far.  But the pot roast is good.
BD2CE872-96AD-434A-8478-162BFCBCEBB6.thumb.jpeg.819b3037efc70d2f0a7e6b26cbb06468.jpeg
EF2905F7-1A8C-4FC0-A389-45EBB7C66F78.thumb.jpeg.733cd4f18a2d8f6f72a6b415e9127366.jpeg

Do you deliver? I’m STARVING!! But, you wouldn’t know that by looking at me…

I just looked in my bag and the only edible things I have are Tylenol and antacids!

EDIT: And my tags… God knows I’ve had to eat them enough the past few years!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Had planned on a full day sit but it was so slow, went home and cooked pot roast. Lol.  I got about 3 days to get it done this week.  A whopping 2 sits for about 6 hours so far.  But the pot roast is good.

BD2CE872-96AD-434A-8478-162BFCBCEBB6.jpeg

EF2905F7-1A8C-4FC0-A389-45EBB7C66F78.jpeg

Looks great but I prefer mine over mashed potatoes. 

• Like 1

Sat from 7 to noon on the oak ridge, where I saw 5 bucks last week. Zero deer seen. Came out for an hour for a bite to eat. My hunting partner talked me into going up to the big swamp. Again, zero deer seen! Back at it again in the morning. Camera pic's have slowed dramatically over the last few days. And from what I saw today, from two of our best spots, deer activity has slowed dramatically too.

7 minutes ago, grampy said:

Sat from 7 to noon on the oak ridge, where I saw 5 bucks last week. Zero deer seen. Came out for an hour for a bite to eat. My hunting partner talked me into going up to the big swamp. Again, zero deer seen! Back at it again in the morning. Camera pic's have slowed dramatically over the last few days. And from what I saw today, from two of our best spots, deer activity has slowed dramatically too.

Same here 

• Like 1

The calm before the storm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 5

Things were looking up a few days ago on our cams too then went dead. But this seems to happen right before things break loose, at least on our lease the last few years. Not real sure why? Last week I had multiple daylight 3+ yr olds, now nothing on 5 cell cams day or night.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

I’m betting Nov 3,4,5 will see a bunch of dead bucks on here .
Seems like where I hunt is always a week or 2 behind when you guys have the most rut action. I see more daytime movement from about the 12th - 20th. At least that's what I'm going to tell myself if I don't see anything these next couple sits

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1