LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

23 minutes ago, crappyice said:

A few post-school hunts for me until daylight savings robs me of most of these opportunities. 3S management hunt so any doe or any chocolate-racked buck are fair game to give them the Biz-ness!!!
58 and windy but predicted (guessed by forecaster) to lay down by 5
44af42144f6e21b42253608a67661a09.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for doing an "observation hunt" tonight for me.

Been on stand since I 3:30 nothing yet . Wed having new tires put on , tomorrow wife’s says I have to vote , so was going to go half a day not so sure now . Thur - Sunday I think I’ll hit it hard .

Chris your butt better still be in that stand!! lol You guys who don't pack a couple a granola bars or snickers........

Grampy? you draggin??

I left at 3:30, I was starving! Nothing sighted after noon or so, I'll be there dark to dark the next 3 days!

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Today's recap, I saw 6 different bucks between 9:30 and noon, 2 shooter 8's, one was running around me like a madman and couldn't get him stopped, I even yelled at him and he didn't care. Then had another good 8 sneak in behind me and before I could get a shot off he went into the thicket. Awesome day. Hoping for a bloody arrow in the next 3 days! I've officially seen about 18 bucks from the stand so far this season but today being the first two good ones, acting dumb. Good things are happening!

• Like 13

The light switch has been flipped.

Seen nothing decent yesterday or this morning. Had two shooters come in from different directions after a doe. They locked horns for a few seconds before chasing after her. Unfortunately, not in my direction. 

• Like 6

Shot a doe at about 545 pm at about 5 yards with my Kodiak recurve. Thought I saw her lay down (I have horrible eyesight) but she didn't.  Very light blood I hit her just a tad back but I believe she is dead. 

Have a buddy coming by early morning and we will go find her. 

At about 615 a large deer came storming through at about 60 yards. Not sure if it was a buck but holy cow was it a large body.

20211101_182158.jpg

• Like 23

Sat from dark to 3:30pm. Saw two yearling bucks around 8am. That's it!! Saw nothing yesterday! Checked cams. Nothing but a couple of doe and fawns. Not sure what is going on at the farm? No deer activity at all to speak of. Be back at em again this weekend. And off next week. Will give the lake property, and the Pine Bush a go too at some point. I'm sure at any time, the bucks at the farm will go nuts. I'm not sweating it. I'll get my chance soon. I know the deer are here! Just not moving much or very far apparently. 

I'll "endeavor to persevere" !!!

Sorry crappyice, I gave it my best shot today, just came up short. I think by Saturday, things will be smoking hot on one of the hunting properties. 

• Like 3

Today's recap, I saw 6 different bucks between 9:30 and noon, 2 shooter 8's, one was running around me like a madman and couldn't get him stopped, I even yelled at him and he didn't care. Then had another good 8 sneak in behind me and before I could get a shot off he went into the thicket. Awesome day. Hoping for a bloody arrow in the next 3 days! I've officially seen about 18 bucks from the stand so far this season but today being the first two good ones, acting dumb. Good things are happening!

18 bucks is 3 great seasons for me back to back to back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

18 bucks is 3 great seasons for me back to back to back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I believe I've only went 2 sits this year without seeing at least one buck, over 3 different properties. It's been year of the young bucks for me.

Sat from dark to 3:30pm. Saw two yearling bucks around 8am. That's it!! Saw nothing yesterday! Checked cams. Nothing but a couple of doe and fawns. Not sure what is going on at the farm? No deer activity at all to speak of. Be back at em again this weekend. And off next week. Will give the lake property, and the Pine Bush a go too at some point. I'm sure at any time, the bucks at the farm will go nuts. I'm not sweating it. I'll get my chance soon. I know the deer are here! Just not moving much or very far apparently. 
I'll "endeavor to persevere" !!!
Sorry crappyice, I gave it my best shot today, just came up short. I think by Saturday, things will be smoking hot on one of the hunting properties. 

You da man!!!! No pressure from me As I like to just bust some ballz! Tremendous faith in you!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, corydd7 said:

Shot a doe at about 545 pm at about 5 yards with my Kodiak recurve. Thought I saw her lay down (I have horrible eyesight) but she didn't.  Very light blood I hit her just a tad back but I believe she is dead. 

Have a buddy coming by early morning and we will go find her. 

At about 615 a large deer came storming through at about 60 yards. Not sure if it was a buck but holy cow was it a large body.

20211101_182158.jpg

Good luck with the recovery!