LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

Out in 8H. I had to make a list minute switch with the wind blowing straight south instead of the wsw my weather apps were calling for so got in a little late. Other than that been a decent am so far… couple bucks and half dozen does or so. Interestingly, not much interest from the bucks in those does. Breaking out the rattling antlers for this first time this year, hoping to catch a cruiser. Good luck to everyone out!

48e96e9376a9ab0ae9a87ba0033d676f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, UpStateRedNeck said:

Live from the office:  Frigging jealous of everybody in the woods.  Knock em down, this means you @grampy

I certainly would if I were out there! I'm stuck in the office too! But I'm off next week. 

Had a tough last three days, with little or no deer seen. But....the farm has been noted for this on again, off again stuff for the 55 years I've been hunting it! 750 acres available to us. With more than half of it so thick and nasty, you can't get in there! But the deer do! A state park safety zone on one side, and public land on the other. Adds up to the deer could be anywhere, at any given time! It's a blessing and a curse, but I love it....lol We always have some decent bucks here. And it's like a chess game trying to be in the right spot, at the right time! But a chess game that we usually win by the end of the season. And the challenge of it is what builds my love of this property more each year! I do have other properties to hunt. But a deer from the farm is always more special to my hunting partner and myself. If this was a place where we could consistently just go out, sit a few times, and score a wall hanger, I don't think we would love it as much??? IDK??? 

That all said.....we have some great bucks on the property this year!! I hope to meet up with one soon! And I know I'm truly blessed to have the hunting opportunities I have!! Can't wait to get back out!!!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Robhuntandfish said:

between all you guys out and my buddy that hunts the same property as me being in a tree right now sending messsages - means i am minutes from buying a lotto ticket so I dont have to work at all!  Next sit Wed night after work.  Good luck all 

I just commented to a hunting buddy that "It's a pretty good time of the year to get fired" 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, chrisw said:

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

We have a similar looking 4 point on the property this year! If I get a chance at him, I think I'll take it! Never shot one like that before. And I think he's so cool looking!

• Like 1

There's a crazy buck fight happening below me in swamp, growling, snorting, water splashing, antlers, it sounds crazy!

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

It's on like Donkey Kong......great time to be living life as a Bow Hunter!!

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

• Like 3