LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

1 hour ago, WNY Bowhunter said:

I may be sidelined right now but I'm currently following along with a buddy as  he's trailing my #1 trail cam buck. He shot him last night and has trailed him for over a mile, still on good/decent blood!

over a mile and good decent blood are 2 sayings that don't quite fit... but good luck to him!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Belo said:

over a mile and good decent blood are 2 sayings that don't quite fit... but good luck to him!

Not typically.  Another buddy that was in on the tracking venture for most of the morning says he had no idea how that deer was still going with the amount of blood lost. The shooter buddy hasn't responding in a while.  Too busy dragging I hope...

47 minutes ago, phade said:

News making rounds of a 176" typical taken in town over the weekend. Typical 10 point. Halloween weekend seems to have been a good weekend looking back on those that connected.

I have a picture of a 176 with a guy in it. That was sent to me.  It is also a typical 10.  Doesn't day where it came from but my guess it's the same one.

Edited by Swamp_bucks

DEC wish list is for daily harvest stats posted as hunters report them... would be great info  to see how your unit is progressing especially rut timing.  I'd guess we are behind this year with warm start and wet end to October but that means good rut hunting.

• Like 1

In southwest facing blind.  Blew some deer of the plots on way to it and thought not too bad until I got to blind and good 8 pointer was bedded 30 yds away and exploded out of there w doe and nearly crapped myself as they ran by.  See what happens when I try to hunt the wind right. Oh well poke and hope chess match continues 

FAC40756-4DC9-483C-97D8-257D3B4C797B.jpeg

• Like 3

DAF here… In a stand I haven’t hunted yet. Should be a great location. Tried rattling, but nothing. Get more coyote pics than anything here though. I would GLADLY take my frustrations out on one of them right now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, 518BowSlayer said:

Squirrels and chipmunks are doing a lot more chasing than the deer are down here.
This has got to be my slowest season ever. Still have not seen a deer while hunting since Oct 1st

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Change it up and look in places that don't make sense. Last year I was having the same problem. Then I looked hard at places I never think to look and boom thats where the deer were. Dont give up only gets better from here on out.

• Like 2

I can't wait till tomorrow morning. Just cleared the schedule. Leaving house at 330pm. Should be in Woods by 4pm and sitting by 420pm. LFG!

I’m in. Scrapes, rubs and another daytime pic of my target on Halloween midday on different cam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Welp having been posting much as ive been hunting with my son as much as possible and have been concentrating on just loving every minute of it. He has missed twice so far this year, and we have learned from it. Well we got home quick and decided to move a stand closer to where we have seen alot coming out. After getting it hung and i got up in climber 8ft from him, we were settled...for 5 mins, a button buck came out and gave him a perfect shot at maybe 10 yards. Now for the iffy news, he hit him square in the shoulder. Definitely busted it as the deer ran off it couldnt use that leg. Im hoping it penetrated enough to get the opposite side lung. We are waiting our 45 mins then climbing down. Please keep all your fingers crossed for us. 

20211102_163306.jpg

• Like 35

Welp having been posting much as ive been hunting with my son as much as possible and have been concentrating on just loving every minute of it. He has missed twice so far this year, and we have learned from it. Well we got home quick and decided to move a stand closer to where we have seen alot coming out. After getting it hung and i got up in climber 8ft from him, we were settled...for 5 mins, a button buck came out and gave him a perfect shot at maybe 10 yards. Now for the iffy news, he hit him square in the shoulder. Definitely busted it as the deer ran off it couldnt use that leg. Im hoping it penetrated enough to get the opposite side lung. We are waiting our 45 mins then climbing down. Please keep all your fingers crossed for us. 
20211102_163306.thumb.jpg.02810c7a95b9cb17d360d847867d036f.jpg
You boys got this! Sending good vibes lil zekes way!

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk