LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

2 minutes ago, Chef said:

Had a meeting in central ct today.. knew I wouldn’t make it home in time to hunt so I hit the sound instead

e3177ba7fba91a62bc5077c5aeec5204.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I liked this but need you out in the woods too!did u shoot that bastid with a bow??i need points!!!!!

• Like 2

I liked this but need you out in the woods too!did u shoot that bastid with a bow??i need points!!!!!

Hahah I will hunt a lease one sit every day till Sunday probably AM and PM both Saturday and Sunday

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chef said:

But I will say I am off for 10 days starting Friday so you may have picked a week early

All part of the pick em setup.i say u stick a good buck before then and enjoy ur time off with fam and whatever ud like to do..pretty optimistic ay?haha

All part of the pick em setup.i say u stick a good buck before then and enjoy ur time off with fam and whatever ud like to do..pretty optimistic ay?haha

Hahaha if I stick a good buck anytime before Monday I will be headed to montauk to fish the fall run.

Haven’t told the wife yet but I will if it happens I will.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Chef said:

Haven’t told the wife yet but I will if it happens I will.

Are trying to convince us or yourself..;)

Good luck out there! I am looking forward to my 14 days in the woods starting next Tuesday..

• Like 1

Welp having been posting much as ive been hunting with my son as much as possible and have been concentrating on just loving every minute of it. He has missed twice so far this year, and we have learned from it. Well we got home quick and decided to move a stand closer to where we have seen alot coming out. After getting it hung and i got up in climber 8ft from him, we were settled...for 5 mins, a button buck came out and gave him a perfect shot at maybe 10 yards. Now for the iffy news, he hit him square in the shoulder. Definitely busted it as the deer ran off it couldnt use that leg. Im hoping it penetrated enough to get the opposite side lung. We are waiting our 45 mins then climbing down. Please keep all your fingers crossed for us. 
20211102_163306.thumb.jpg.02810c7a95b9cb17d360d847867d036f.jpg

Come on man…I’m on the edge of my seat!!!!! Love to know what’s happening here!!!

• Like 3

Lots of action this evening.  Had a 2.5 year old eight point come to about 40 yards.  Two smaller bucks came through after that.  Spooked deer walking up the hill and more waking back down.  Finally have a pic of a shooter in daylight (first light, but better than midnight).

One doe a mile away. Then on the walk out i spooked two deer. I stopped and blew my nose as hard as i could. (snot rocket style). I walked another 100 feet and could hear them moving in the brush. I blew my nose again and they started walking towards me they stopped about 15 feet away. They were in the brush but I couldn't see them. The one deer started  soft grunts. This went on for 5 minutes or so neither one of us wanting to move but I know they were trying to figure me out. I took 2 steps and they bounded twice deeper into the brush. I just slipped past as quite as i could. Couldn't tell if it was a buck or not but a cool experience non the less.

Now they just need to show themselves during the day!!

• Like 5

I had the most insane day, and never released an arrow. Passed the big 6 PT at 9:30, then heard 2 hellacious buck fights. Then the party moved up across the Rd into the thicket I'm hunting on the side of, followed by 30 minutes of crashing, grunting etc. I saw at least 5 bucks in there. Then nothing until 5:30 when I heard what I can only describe as a growl (which I heard repeatedly during the previous fights). Then 4 does came across the Rd right up to me. The 2 fawns we're playing like crazy, chasing each other all over the place. They ended up under my tree and as I could barely make out their silhouettes I heard a buck coming in, grunting the entire time, he came to 15 yds but I couldn't identify how big. He ended up chasing them into the bean field. I snuck down and got down to the Rd only to hear a buck making the same loud gargly growling noises just below the bank from me. I'm not gonna lie, I got really nervous. I envisioned being mailed by a rut crazed buck in the middle of the road. I basically jogged to my truck to avoid him. I have never in my life combined, heard the vocalizations I did today in one day. I've never heard a buck growl but can only assume it's what I heard. The best way to describe the sound was a grizzly bear huffing and grunting. Insane day. I'm still shook up over the action. I'll be back tomorrow for another dark to dark.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

• Like 26

2 minutes ago, chrisw said:

I had the most insane day, and never released an arrow. Passed the big 6 PT at 9:30, then heard 2 hellacious buck fights. Then the party moved up across the Rd into the thicket I'm hunting on the side of, followed by 30 minutes of crashing, grunting etc. I saw at least 5 bucks in there. Then nothing until 5:30 when I heard what I can only describe as a growl (which I heard repeatedly during the previous fights). Then 4 does came across the Rd right up to me. The 2 fawns we're playing like crazy, chasing each other all over the place. They ended up under my tree and as I could barely make out their silhouettes I heard a buck coming in, grunting the entire time, he came to 15 yds but I couldn't identify how big. He ended up chasing them into the bean field. I snuck down and got down to the Rd only to hear a buck making the same loud gargly growling noises just below the bank from me. I'm not gonna lie, I got really nervous. I envisioned being mailed by a rut crazed buck in the middle of the road. I basically jogged to my truck to avoid him. I have never in my life combined, heard the vocalizations I did today in one day. I've never heard a buck growl but can only assume it's what I heard. The best way to describe the sound was a grizzly bear huffing and grunting. Insane day. I'm still shook up over the action. I'll be back tomorrow for another dark to dark.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

Incredible day. What it's all about.  You'll prob crash Tonite from the adrenaline dump all day. 

• Like 1