LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

So, I just scanned back through this thread. It doesn't look like anyone has shot a mature buck in the past 5-6 days? Forgive me if I missed someone. That's surprising! I haven't been seeing squat, on hunts or on cam. Still waiting for the switch to flip here in 8H.....

6 minutes ago, Cabin Fever said:

So, I just scanned back through this thread. It doesn't look like anyone has shot a mature buck in the past 5-6 days? Forgive me if I missed someone. That's surprising! I haven't been seeing squat, on hunts or on cam. Still waiting for the switch to flip here in 8H.....

A couple wer killed on the 28th and 29th

Edited by silent death

14 minutes ago, Cabin Fever said:

I’m saving it for Saturday when crossbow opens . Stay tuned!!!!!!

• Like 1

I saw a 4 point in the field behind me around 4:30, then nothing until just about 6pm.  Legal ended at 6:04, by 6:20 I’m not sure how someone could shoot safely.  At least during archery, I think the extra half an hour really means an extra 10 minutes of safe light.  Got down and saw 5 deer on the way back home.  They are waiting till the last minute to appear.  Cell cams have not shown any deer midday.  Maybe after a cold dip tomorrow things will perk up,.

Had an absolute giant work a scrape 50yds from me tonight across a plot.   If he was broadside I might have tried but quartering away left no room for error.  Hope I see him tomorrow.  Lots of deer in both fields on way out.  Not real rut like.   

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

aw heck I'll join you in the festivities

I’ve got my warm clothes laid out , heated vest charged up . Tomorrow is our anniversary,so half a day I guess . The question is which stand ?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Nomad said:

I’ve got my warm clothes laid out , heated vest charged up . Tomorrow is our anniversary,so half a day I guess . The question is which stand ?

The one where all the Booners walk by? Congratulations on another one in the books. 

Edited by SpacemanSpiff
  • Like 1

7P got in the stand at 3:15 thick brushlot to my right with pines and hardwoods mixed front, left, and behind me. 5 minutes after sitting down I see a little Doe in the brush just browsing around for ten minutes then she laid down. Half hour later she runs out of the brush in front of me hits the woods and just keeps walking. I keep watching behind her for a bit and nothing so I hit the grunt and rattled a couple times and I hear a grunt in the brush so I'm looking hard with my binoculars and see a tall heavy framed would have been 8 but had a tine busted off. I grunted and he snort wheezed at me two times. That's the first I've heard a deer do it which was cool but he was not moving. I grunted pretty aggressive and he started on his way to me out of the brush. He stepped out but was quartering to me at 35 yards and I just kept telling myself wait until he gives me a good shot. He stood there for what seemed like forever but was probably only a couple minutes at most. When he started to move he turned hard to the right which I only had a small softball size hole to shoot through so I held off no sooner did a doe stand up in the brush right by where I first saw him and he bolts back into the brush and she laid back down and so did he. I got out as quiet as I could when it was dark and I never heard them take off so hopefully they'll be there in the morning as I am starting to feel a bit under the weather for at least a couple hours in the morning. 

• Like 2

Well this afternoon was slow until the last 25 minutes when a big buck came out of the swamp, he stayed at 50yds and I couldn't pull him closer despite my best efforts. He'd stand and watch for 5 minutes every time I called but wouldn't commit. I even grabbed a limb and shook the hell out of it as a last ditch effort, to no avail... Saw 5 bucks today, 4 of them shooters, 5 does, and missed one due to something stupid on my part. Another all day sit tomorrow...

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

• Like 6

Recovered and back to deer hunting.

30yd shot. Hit high shoulder and out through the guts. Small female but clean coat (no mange).

From the ground (no blind). Was sitting on folding chair on a rock bluff

9ac23086cbe611a718b50ad93a751d4e.jpg
1b7283b1c2356d9deb6d2ede5bbb3eec.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Saw 1 doe tonight, no bucks in tow before dark

I kicked a wide spindly buck as I walked in today and watched a fawn harassing mom for some juice. At that moment I decided she would not become meat if she gave me a shot(never did anyway but still..)
Nothing else but the fawn running around like a 5 year old on Halloween night!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

51 minutes ago, Otto said:

I saw a 4 point in the field behind me around 4:30, then nothing until just about 6pm.  Legal ended at 6:04, by 6:20 I’m not sure how someone could shoot safely.  At least during archery, I think the extra half an hour really means an extra 10 minutes of safe light.  Got down and saw 5 deer on the way back home.  They are waiting till the last minute to appear.  Cell cams have not shown any deer midday.  Maybe after a cold dip tomorrow things will perk up,.

Legal was 6:24 here and I coulda shot every minute of it on the field edge with my bow.

I seen a total of 8 bucks and 2 doe today. Passed on a 2 yr old 8 at 16 yards at last light.

Here's a couple trail cam pics today that i thought were cool. You can see the deer and then you can see me in the stand in the upper left corner

Screenshot_20211103-165152.png

Screenshot_20211103-165125.png

Screenshot_20211103-165015.png

• Like 10

I seen a total of 8 bucks and 2 doe today. Passed on a 2 yr old 8 at 16 yards at last light.
Here's a couple trail cam pics today that i thought were cool. You can see the deer and then you can see me in the stand in the upper left corner
Screenshot_20211103-165152.thumb.png.30fe202f4f2b2ce677e1d07bd0df3785.png
Screenshot_20211103-165125.thumb.png.deedafd41067b1ab795b39f8152c2940.png
Screenshot_20211103-165015.thumb.png.9fd7332873de4f894680be3089508999.png

8 bucks is bonkers! I’m
Jealous

Bumped a deer on the way out and that was it for me. Weatherman lied no snow at my cabin. 

Pretty sure this guy is marking up the place pretty good. Found three very fresh rubs within 50 yards of my cabin go figure. I'm doing it all wrong, gotta ditch the climber and hunt from the loft. The picture is from four days ago at midnight. Found a snapped large sapling right by where the photo was taken.

Just a little four point but look at that background freaking beautiful up here.

20211103_141125.jpg

20211103_143804.jpg

20211103_201809.jpg

20211103_201739.jpg

Screenshot_20211103-204114_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20211103-151621_Gallery.jpg

Edited by corydd7
  • Like 3

Hunted light to 930 this am nothing. Back out at 3 walked around no sign of rut action where I'm hunting. Finally sat 445 till dark nothing. Lots of tracks either it's heavily pressured or some good baiting going on. Didn't even jump a deer walking. 2 days hunting hard give it a few more days then changing course.

Game plan for tmrw is to sit at this location ,a trail that cuts in between bedding .there is a scrape under the pine ,and these does use the trail often .This is a small creek bottom funnel between 2  ridges .Very narrow .I’ve killed some nice deer here ,and  when the rut is on its non stop traffic .

9FA9664E-3852-4D4E-BBD0-ECD8791477EA.png

Edited by WNYTRPR
  • Like 3