LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

Daughter made it 2 hours this morning but was too cold for her. A decent set of Bibs are in order so she can stay longer. Beauty of a morning though. 
Let me know what you find....the only way my 7yr. Old is surviving right now is we have a small propane Heater going in the blind.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

#Blindlife....@moog style!

Beauty of a morning to be out. Had a tall racked buck sneak in behind us grunting 10 minutes after we used doe bleat can and lite raddle on the bag. He ended giving a 24 yard broadside shot but I had to shoot Tru a mesh window. I took the shot but I think the arrow tanked under him. No blood and he at first walked off slowly then after a few minutes bounded down a utility trail. We will look down that utility road when we leave.

Had another buck close to 100 yards a little but ago before turning around...he was outside his ears.....and just now a pack of doe just walked thru with little ones. There were 6 total...and all together.

59efa9946ad24663a59e3396aee8a01a.jpg5707ec59a08131025f0bd283b1516838.jpg

Wow must be nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bucks have been definitely seeking the last few days....have seen them nose to the ground and mouth wide open. Also have cam pics of does getting harassed. And just now we had 6 does stroll by outta range....all together in a single file line and looked to be 4 mature ones ans 2 small yearlings.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Gencountyzeek said:

I hate crossbow "season"...i feel like i post this every year. My son and i got in our stands by 645. Beautiful morning until our "great" cross bow hunting neighbor comes waliking in at 735, pretty sure he stepped on every branch on his way in. He gets to a area maybe 100 yards from us on the property line. Walks around there for a bit breaking every branch. Sits down for maybe 35-40mins, then proceeds to walk about a 40 yard area into thick brush thats not his land...at this point i txt him to let him know we are about 100 yards from him and good luck. Im hoping he will kinda get it and just sit still. Nope more walking around for 5 more mins, pops out of the brush and sits on the property line again. He texts me goodluck, and lets me know nothing seems to be moving this a.m....finally 15 mins later he is up and atleast walking away from us but still stepping on every branch. He only crossgun and gun hunts...

We have seen 1 small doe fawn so far. Good luck all.

It could be worse.  I am just thankful that the negotiated NYB / NY DEC settlement gave the best two weeks of southern zone archery season to us cross-gun guys.  

It’s too bad that those up north got shafted, getting just 3 days during the October lull.  NYB must have a little more pull up there.

Edited by wolc123

I've seen 8 doe and 3 buck so far. Passed on a 2yr old 8 watched him hound a fire and grunt like crazy for a while then about 15 minutes ago a doe came flying through with a 8pt on her tail and the second buck was huge definitely a shooter but no chance they were stopping.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Cabin Fever said:

Had a pack of 4 coyotes come by 3 different times in the last half hour! Just can’t get them to stop moving for a shot. Lip squeaked them back the second time. Bastards!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bark at them, they usually stop then.

On 11/4/2021 at 8:56 PM, crappyice said:

Damn!!! Shoulder hit ?? I know you said good blood for a while.
Amazing How little blood it takes to look like good blood.
Sorry man

Sent from my iPhone using 

I'm out checking trail cams and my buddy who hit this buck just messaged me that one of the neighbors got him on cam last night. So, he's survived the arrow wound for now!

• Like 8

22 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

Let me know what you find....the only way my 7yr. Old is surviving right now is we have a small propane Heater going in the blind.

Will do, she’s 11. Good weather she could do 3-4 hours. Hot hands and hot chocolate weren’t cutting it today lol. I find that my kids do a lot less fidgeting if they are in a tree. 

54 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

#Blindlife....@moog style!

Beauty of a morning to be out. Had a tall racked buck sneak in behind us grunting 10 minutes after we used doe bleat can and lite raddle on the bag. He ended giving a 24 yard broadside shot but I had to shoot Tru a mesh window. I took the shot but I think the arrow tanked under him. No blood and he at first walked off slowly then after a few minutes bounded down a utility trail. We will look down that utility road when we leave.

Had another buck close to 100 yards a little but ago before turning around...he was outside his ears.....and just now a pack of doe just walked thru with little ones. There were 6 total...and all together.

59efa9946ad24663a59e3396aee8a01a.jpg5707ec59a08131025f0bd283b1516838.jpg

Very nice.  I hate mesh and always open windows.   Great hunting with your kids!

Well,my walk in wasn't as quiet as I had hoped and deer were already in my spot. I heard branches breaking when they took off when I got too close. So I sat down where I was and after it got light out I thought about moving up slowly when I saw a doe and young one at 60 yds. They seemed to be feeding slowly towards me but when they got to 50 the mama picked her head up and spooked. I don't think she saw me,I wasn't doing anything,wind was in my favor too. Maybe those were the deer I had spooked an hour earlier and they were still twitchy.

4 hours ago, johnplav said:

Only an AM hunt today since it’s my son’s first birthday… what could be better than a birthday buck???  Good luck out there everyone! 

No birthday buck… I guess he’ll need to settle for pizza and beer.  And of course, Iv got a venison appetizer planned as well as some backstrap pizza.