LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

Tonight was the reason I hunt and no arrow released.  Couple of lessons learned:

1.  When you get in stand and see that lane to scrape you are hunting isn’t clear, clear it.  If you don’t, you will have a giant come in and work the scrape but not take the two steps forward to get a clear shot. Lol.  Instead he will walk directly away from you will you are drawn and swearing to yourself.   That’s twice that big boy escaped an arrow.  Still awesome. 

2.   When a little buck circles in front of you and behind stand don’t assume the noise is him.  It could be another giant that gets spooked when you turn to look at the 3pt.  

3.  Sometimes that second giant (20” inside easy) will come in from directly down wind and not give a darn until he is spooked by the 3pt you startle. 

4.  That second giant may never show on cam but he is there.   

awesome and frustrating night.  Sorry @crappyicei almost got it done for you!

• Like 26

57 minutes ago, Whereareyoubuck said:

Well good news is a buck DID show up. Bad news is that I hit him in the guts. This digested food everywhere, very little blood. Should I wait until morning to track him?

I would wait.  Even with yotes. You push him or they push him, it’s all done. 

• Like 2

Congrats to Chef and Spiff for getting it done!  Good luck to anyone tracking.  

I'm out of the woods for these warm days.  Probably won't hunt until Saturday when rifle season opens here in the 802. Still next to no signs of the rut.  No big bucks on cameras.  It's almost here though.  Any day now...

• Like 1

No shots, but saw two shooters on the way out about 100 yards from where I was sitting. Getting closer! I think it's finally picking up. Just in time for the magical day of Nov 10th !

Buck up in that area again in the AM.

• Like 4

Guess i sat in the wrong spot tonight! This is the buck i drew on last week. I was 50 yards away from him. I did see him a hundred yards away in the field, grunted at him and got his attention, but he would not cone to me. 649aa411023b135bde576ad89ae02018.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Is it me or is he laughing at you?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, dinorocks said:

It was a beautiful afternoon!  I saw lots of deer (in groups of 2, 3, & 4) but no bucks… I was within very close shooting distance of a couple (wish I had a doe tag)!

EF18DFDF-79CF-478F-B622-4AFB9BB4333F.jpeg

DEDCF444-6453-44A1-8C09-75CBEE238891.jpeg

769DA208-B665-4BBE-996E-B2554470D037.jpeg

Living the life brother ..

Tonight was the reason I hunt and no arrow released.  Couple of lessons learned:
1.  When you get in stand and see that lane to scrape you are hunting isn’t clear, clear it.  If you don’t, you will have a giant come in and work the scrape but not take the two steps forward to get a clear shot. Lol.  Instead he will walk directly away from you will you are drawn and swearing to yourself.   That’s twice that big boy escaped an arrow.  Still awesome. 

2.   When a little buck circles in front of you and behind stand don’t assume the noise is him.  It could be another giant that gets spooked when you turn to look at the 3pt.  

3.  Sometimes that second giant (20” inside easy) will come in from directly down wind and not give a darn until he is spooked by the 3pt you startle. 

4.  That second giant may never show on cam but he is there.   

awesome and frustrating night.  Sorry [mention=327]crappyice[/mention]i almost got it done for you!

What a night!!! Fantastic!!
A please never apologize (or feel pressure) to me to showing my support to you!!!
Well accept this time…WTF MAN!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats Spaceman & Chef.

Exciting hunt for Moog.

My dad shot one at sunset tonight. Will track in the AM but things look/sound good so far. Might be the wide 7pt on his land we’ve been after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 19

11 minutes ago, crappyice said:

What a night!!! Fantastic!!
A please never apologize (or feel pressure) to me to showing my support to you!!!
Well accept this time…WTF MAN!!!!!

Aren’t you an English teacher or perhaps “except” during hunting season.  Kidding you Bro.  I will be back at it as soon as time permits this week.  Still time to get it done. I just hate blowing opportunities   Only so many come along   

• Like 1

Well good news is a buck DID show up. Bad news is that I hit him in the guts. This digested food everywhere, very little blood. Should I wait until morning to track him?

Yes