LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

Only had 2 single does on cams last night. I’m out of optimism for this season. Just going to grind out the rest of the season on pure stubbornness, so I have no regrets later.

On a positive note, shortly after daylight, I saw a doe standing ~150 yards away in a neighbors field (no hunting there) and the big piebald buck was laying ~20 yards from her in the open field. When she headed to the thicket on the other side, he stood up and followed her. Cool to see!

20 min ago, I had a doe and fawn pass by at 5 yards. Hoping a nice buck will pick up their trail…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Good luck to all ! I have the same feelings as Grampy about this week but my best day has been Veterans Day. FWIW I was driving to my place last night @ 2215 hrs. and about 5 miles from my house I saw the largest buck I have ever seen alive up here (4-0) . He was standing in the ditch as I stopped to look at him I counted 13 points. He was not bothered by me at all , and went up the bank into a pasture nose down trailing.

• Like 3

5 bux 1 hot doe and a nice 8 fighting off the other 4 bux who keep pressuring them.  Something to see grunting fighting tearing it up.  Just need her to bring him by a bit closer
9F81EF34-6202-4E1C-9B6B-7C4386115E0C.thumb.png.446b8988808b96c523a936e5525cd4ae.png

I love that picture…gonna look great under the shoulder mount after you make some meat(on the bone!)

• Like 1

Thats what i wanna see. 50 acres of corn getting cut down by my main gun hunting woods.  There is a hundred acre field to the left on the other side of the woods that got cut last week. Cant wait! I wanna see some action out there ladies and gentlemen. Good luck to everyone out today. 

4D721CC9-EB81-4D9E-A266-4BA19E657F22.jpeg

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, SpacemanSpiff said:

Thats what i wanna see. 50 acres of corn getting cut down by my main gun hunting woods.  There is a hundred acre field to the left on the other side of the woods that got cut last week. Cant wait! I wanna see some action out there ladies and gentlemen. Good luck to everyone out today. 

4D721CC9-EB81-4D9E-A266-4BA19E657F22.jpeg

There’s still 300 acres or so up, 250 yards north of my spot and a smaller amount south of it .

21 minutes ago, crappyice said:

I love that picture…gonna look great under the shoulder mount after you make some meat(on the bone!)

Thanks Crappy but I passed him already at 20 yds feeding head down shot on 11/1.  He’s a good buck but would love to see him next year.  I have sights set on Hank the Tank but this one is tempting. I just love seeing it all and videoing it. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

once rifle opens you will be tagged out in 4-6 minutes!  

I am hopeful for that but it’s only happened 2 times for me.  Second Saturday has always been a good day and opening day afternoon. But would love to see Hank in a couple Saturdays. Early in the morning is good by me ha 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Lomax said:

Thanks Crappy but I passed him already at 20 yds feeding head down shot on 11/1.  He’s a good buck but would love to see him next year.  I have sights set on Hank the Tank but this one is tempting. I just love seeing it all and videoing it. 

Let me shoot him this year and i'll show you the shoulder mount next year so you can see him next year

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Slow morning here in 8H. Cams pretty slow too, especially of big bucks. I’m guessing a lot are locked down now. I find this time pretty frustrating and either feast or famine on the stand with no rhyme or reason to it other than getting lucky and being right place at the right time. I’ve got one or two more sits left in my NY bow season then off to Kansas Saturday for a week. Good luck to all those out!

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, TheHornHunter said:

no rhyme or reason to it other than getting lucky and being right place at the right time.

That’s my whole hunting strategy !

I appreciate your posts as I believe we’re fairly close .

• Like 1