LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

7 minutes ago, TheHornHunter said:

Slow morning here in 8H. Cams pretty slow too, especially of big bucks. I’m guessing a lot are locked down now. I find this time pretty frustrating and either feast or famine on the stand with no rhyme or reason to it other than getting lucky and being right place at the right time. I’ve got one or two more sits left in my NY bow season then off to Kansas Saturday for a week. Good luck to all those out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in 8H also. Since daylight, I've gotten trail cam pics of does at 4 different cam locations. Thought it would be interesting to see if any bucks were trailing them. No bucks with them or trailing!! Had a doe and fawn walk past me this morning, no bucks following. Also saw 2 does and a fawn feeding in a field ~150 yards away in the wide open, no bucks in sight! No buck pics last night at all.... Just strange!!

That’s my whole hunting strategy !
I appreciate your posts as I believe we’re fairly close .

When it works it’s awesome… just gotta log the seat hours this time of year. You’re in Bloomfield / canandaigua right? I’m not far at all. Mostly rush, honeoye falls area and the burbs in Pittsford and Perinton

• Like 2

I'm in 8H also. Since daylight, I've gotten trail cam pics of does at 4 different cam locations. Thought it would be interesting to see if any bucks were trailing them. No bucks with them or trailing!! Had a doe and fawn walk past me this morning, no bucks following. Also saw 2 does and a fawn feeding in a field ~150 yards away in the wide open, no bucks in sight! No buck pics last night at all.... Just strange!!

Sounds similar to me. I’m pretty sure there’s enough does in heat now that the big bucks are mostly locked down. Still plenty of does to go and I’ve been seeing them and some small bucks this morning but nothing mature. I think I got one cell cam pic of a 2-3 year old earlier and nothing last night whereas I usually have at least 1-2 mature bucks every day somewhere on camera. Eventually the big boys will be on their feet again looking for the next doe and we’ll probably see an increase in activity here somewhere over the next few days if I had to guess

We're experiencing the same in our part of 8f also. It went from bucks running everywhere all day chasing does, to all day sits and one doe/fawn seen. Very little cam activity, little to no deer seen from stand. Very random movement that's tough to predict or pattern.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

No luck this morning. Scrapes have gone cold so guess is they have their ladies right now. Usually gun weekend in that chunk of woods is on fire..  Called it quits early work called and made me an offer to come in I couldn't pass up.  So back home getting a nap before going to work later.  I probably have 1 maybe 2 sits left for bow. I'll bring the bow back out if I don't tag out opening weekend of gun. 

I will for sure be out next Friday when @REDNECK4LIFE32 comes down for the weekend.

• Like 1

Theres a fugitive on the loose here and the search area is the woods one block over from the woods I hunt. So I'm guessing if he doesnt turn up there they will scour my area, which is not ideal. On the bright side they closed the schools so my kids are thrilled lol

Edited by The_Real_TCIII
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Theres a fugitive on the loose here and the search area is the woods one block over from the woods I hunt. So I'm guessing if he doesnt turn up there they will scour my area, which is not ideal. On the bright side they closed the schools so my kids are thrilled lol

Stay safe and vigilant out there.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

They just got em. Your safe....... For now 

• Like 1

Sounds like the deer just got a good reason to move to your woods

• Like 1

I just had the toughest past of my career and will probably end up regretting it. I saw antlers 500 yards out on the edge of the neighbors creek bed so I rattled and he came on a string to right under my stand. It’s a buck I know very well and is a big homebody on this farm but not the one I’m after. The two bucks I’m after here have been taunting me and made it personal so I’ve pretty much reserved myself to killing them or nothing else, unless of course a monster surprise buck shows up. Also had another solid buck come out of the creek bed after I rattled but he got distracted on a doe trail before he made it close enough for me to get a better look so apparently some bucks aren’t locked down. Calling it on this sit, gotta get back home for some work calls. Good luck all!

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

damn that's crazy and sucks