LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

Great job Paul.  I am dying to get a better pic of this guy.   Not sure when I can get out next but cool that he is running around. 
1686C125-5A31-4E9E-9EBF-2AA39B58B760.thumb.png.fb7fd4b68378df91c81f68c6dc329a47.png

Moog, I am amazed at the amount of daylight activity you have, especially with big bucks!!! I haven’t had a pic of a big buck in daylight since Aug or Sept!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, Cabin Fever said:

Moog, I am amazed at the amount of daylight activity you have, especially with big bucks!!! I haven’t had a pic of a big buck in daylight since Aug or Sept!!!!

Being honest Bob, I haven’t hunted my property nearly enough over the years.  I always knew it had big bucks but after losing my other property and loading up on cams at my place, I really realize what I was missing.  Just a tough year for seat time but it’s makes me feel really confident that I will have solid opportunities, maybe even better than the property I focused most of my time on the last 9 years.  The adjacent property also is limiting hunters as it was leased out so that is good news for me.  You are putting your time in and I have no doubt it will pay off!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nomad said:

I do like consistency ! Haven’t seen a deer this morning either , and with so many leaves down now , I can not seem them farther away .

I'm hoping you just being out there, helps you feel a little bit better my friend. Good luck!

Sitting in Dr's. office with Mrs grampy for a scheduled appointment. Hopefully I'll be hunting later on today. But there is a yard full of leaves to be blown and bagged. So IDK???

Back to work tomorrow, then off Monday, for a three day weekend. That will be the wrap on my 2021 bow season. Went the last five days doing dark to dark sits, in great set up's close to bedding. Got nothing to show for it but a sore back. But that's hunting for ya. I've been giving it my best shot. Still not over till it's over.

• Like 2

Heading out for a quick hunt before work in 3S. We got 32° with a 6:39am sunrise, so 609am legal shooting and minimal N wind. Yesterday was nearly 70 degrees and tonight/tomorrow is rain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Epic morning. Saw a chocolate 8pt, a 10pt, and a spike all before 715am. Back home for a 9am
Work call. Will update journal later with pics and screenshot of videos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 6

First time catching the piebald on his feet this late in the morning. He was laying down in an open field yesterday morning guarding a feeding doe. Hopefully this is a good sign that bucks are finally starting to move in my area!!

6546e07c7ada91ddeba8335c92cdd8cb.jpg

• Like 16

Rolled up to my best lease this morning and found out they are starting to log it today. They aren’t taking a ton of trees but are clearing a lot of the thick bedding I have there which is what makes so good… ugh. Every year one of our leases gets destroyed and it’s always around prime time. Hopefully the landowner will have some sympathy and give us another piece

21 minutes ago, TheHornHunter said:

Rolled up to my best lease this morning and found out they are starting to log it today. They aren’t taking a ton of trees but are clearing a lot of the thick bedding I have there which is what makes so good… ugh. Every year one of our leases gets destroyed and it’s always around prime time. Hopefully the landowner will have some sympathy and give us another piece

I’m unfamiliar with how deer leases work.  Shouldn’t there be a provision in the document to avoid such disturbances during deer season?