LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

Congrats on the bear Hockey! At the risk of derailment, I believe they were saying it is less common and there are fewer forms out there. I’m some cases, modifying the form may be necessary to do a closed mouth if the form was designed for open mouth.

I have two open mouth bears (both taken in the ADKS). One is a rug and the other a half body mount. I don’t recall even seeing a form back then with a closed mouth.

I hope you get to actually weigh it. In my opinion it is worth going to buy a scale to know for sure what it weighs.

Congrats again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That makes sense

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Hmmm... that's interesting. I've been doing taxidermy for 2 years but I've yet to do any open mouth mounts. From the videos I've watched and the research I've done it seems like open mouth is actually a lot more work. I know most taxidermist charge extra for it. Wondering why they say it's easier. You remember what episode it was? I'll definitely take a listen

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Now that I think about it, i think they were referencing rugs, so maybe that matters?

I wanna say 295 or 296. It’s just in the beginning when they’re bull shitting.

Congrats on the bear Hockey! At the risk of derailment, I believe they were saying it is less common and there are fewer forms out there. I’m some cases, modifying the form may be necessary to do a closed mouth if the form was designed for open mouth.

I have two open mouth bears (both taken in the ADKS). One is a rug and the other a half body mount. I don’t recall even seeing a form back then with a closed mouth.

I hope you get to actually weigh it. In my opinion it is worth going to buy a scale to know for sure what it weighs.

Congrats again!

Yep that’s it. Steve was going to get his first rug with a closed mouth and he really liked it. His local guy said they don’t have forms for it and he has to modify it so it’s less common.

I had an awesome day today . I drew back twice on an eight.. I couldn't get him to stop . He and a doe zipped by me 5 times before the finally went behind me and caught wind of me . What a day  lost Count how many days I was out and seen nothing . I finally saw deer and drew on them . Just couldn't get hi. To stop I whistled and blah at him  nothing he wanted that tail. 

• Like 22

Glad you had a fun day.  Not all scrapes are created equal.  Sometimes a buck will make a scrape just because he is there and in the mood.  He might never come back to it.  A well established scrape with a licking branch above it is likely to be visited by other bucks and even sometimes some does.  Sort of a "community scrape".  These may be used year after year and sometimes I have no idea why that one particular spot is so desirable to them.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, josephmrtn said:

Took the wife out for her first sit of the season tonight while the kids were at the grandparents. An hour later she had her first and second deer tags ever punched! Made great shots on both.

IMG_4416-01.jpeg

20211114_173128.jpg

Way to go Mrs. Joe M!!!!!

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, josephmrtn said:

Took the wife out for her first sit of the season tonight while the kids were at the grandparents. An hour later she had her first and second deer tags ever punched! Made great shots on both.

IMG_4416-01.jpeg

20211114_173128.jpg

Nuisance deer? Great shooting reminds me of my days hunting the vineyard nuisance hunting.

• Like 1