LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

6 hours ago, Cabin Fever said:

Checked cams after my hunt this morning. Man is this one gonna sting for a while!! I posted a pic earlier, but the saved pics on the SD card are better. I was supposed to be on vacation on Monday, but decided to go to work to "rest up", as I was just physically and mentally drained. The ONE and ONLY morning I didn't hunt in weeks and this beauty of a 10pt was all over the property!! Had pics of him passing 5 different stands between 7-11am!! Unbelievable!!! 

You can see my "unoccupied" stand right over his head, 15 yards away! This is how my season has gone so far!! LOL

SYFW0035-2.jpg

SYFW0036-2.jpg

I'll be putting my daughter in this stand this weekend. Would love it if he would swing by again!!

He shows up the one morning you're not there? Just maybe he has you patterned!

patterned!

• Like 2

I have some running around to do in the morning the meeting up with @REDNECK4LIFE32 when he gets into town for the opener with me and my friends. Then we are headed to the opening day spot throw his stand up and get out until Saturday.  redneck4life32 and I will be hunting a swamp Friday morning before I have to head out to start getting ready for my chili dinner Friday.  I stopped at the store tonight for that stuff.  I love bow hunting but there is just something different about opening day of gun.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Swamp_bucks said:

I have some running around to do in the morning the meeting up with @REDNECK4LIFE32 when he gets into town for the opener with me and my friends. Then we are headed to the opening day spot throw his stand up and get out until Saturday.  redneck4life32 and I will be hunting a swamp Friday morning before I have to head out to start getting ready for my chili dinner Friday.  I stopped at the store tonight for that stuff.  I love bow hunting but there is just something different about opening day of gun.

Let's make meat but above all else have a good time hunting.

5 hours ago, bhunterED said:

Maybe it's just me but this pic just looks fake as hell. The one thing that does look big in the pic is the guys bow.

I really don’t understand why people have to do this with their buck pictures . 

• Like 2

Just looked at the temp... 58 degrees right now!? Temp is supposed to continue dropping all day and by 5pm it's going to be 45 degrees! Regardless, I had a REAL hard time getting out of bed this morning!  Waiting for the coffee to kick in and do it's magic. Please let today be the day................

• Like 6

7 hours ago, bhunterED said:

Maybe it's just me but this pic just looks fake as hell. The one thing that does look big in the pic is the guys bow.

Yeah I didn't notice that until you said something oh, I was focused on the Barn. The bow does look pretty big

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cabin Fever said:

Just looked at the temp... 58 degrees right now!? Temp is supposed to continue dropping all day and by 5pm it's going to be 45 degrees! Regardless, I had a REAL hard time getting out of bed this morning!  Waiting for the coffee to kick in and do it's magic. Please let today be the day................

Good luck

• Like 1

Most likely my last archery sit of the yr. Sitting on my foot plot.  So much to do before Saturday. Have a buddy and his two sons coming down from Maine to hunt with my cousins property. I'm hopeful to get them on the farm a day or two. 

IMG_20211118_071610447.jpg

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Best hero pic so far!!!
When was that meat made? Did I get some points for picking you this week?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry buddy that’s a doe from last week.  I’m working on your points tho I swear! 

• Like 1

First time in a long time my cell cam is dead . Nothing in a 24 hr period . Batteries and signal strength  100%. 41 degrees. So much for deer moving all night long on a full moon . Looks like it may be a slow opener for wife and I. 
5 of my cell cams were too. Even with deer locking down it still seems way slower than it should be this time of year. I didn't even go out this morning, between rain and being slow.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

• Like 2

The big 10pt has been through the property on the 9th, 11th and 15th. I keep telling myself he’s about due, but he could very well be locked down with a doe somewhere. I’m afraid if I take a hunt off, that’ll be the time he’ll do another drive-by, just like he did on Monday!! UGH…………..

There is nothing going on this morning….. DEAD!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

27 minutes ago, chrisw said:

5 of my cell cams were too. Even with deer locking down it still seems way slower than it should be this time of year. I didn't even go out this morning, between rain and being slow.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

Yea my cams have been slow just like my deer sightings. With the rain called for this morn I slept in for a recharge and hope to slip out for the last hour or two as the temps fall if, its drier. I am off Friday so one last day for bow and pick a spot for Sat gun.

• Like 1