LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

2 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Fug me. Other guy who hunts other small partial I actually see deer at with permission just text there’ll be 4 of them back there tomorrow ( it’s about 5-6 acres ) wtf. My gun opener toast .he and I have written permission not his buddies. First opener missed ever 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5-6 acres , 5 (potential ) hunters ... are you kidding ? Only 2 people have permission as far as what you stated ! Do Not miss Opener !!!

9 minutes ago, GreeneHunter said:

5-6 acres , 5 (potential ) hunters ... are you kidding ? Only 2 people have permission as far as what you stated ! Do Not miss Opener !!!

Me and other guy who brings another guy all the time. Then says there’ll be 4 of them there tomorrow. I don’t want to get the older woman ( property owner who gave me permission involved . Although I did text her at 6 am morning saying deer knocked down electric fence around her 2 quarter horses and she was greatly appreciative as they would have gotten out. And other guy with permission just text after I called him out saying only he and I have permission saying only he going now . I’m climbing in a stand at 5 am to stake my claim. This is driving me nuts 

• Like 8

3 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Fug me. Other guy who hunts other small partial I actually see deer at with permission just text there’ll be 4 of them back there tomorrow ( it’s about 5-6 acres ) wtf. My gun opener toast .he and I have written permission not his buddies. First opener missed ever 

That's crazy.  Ought to offer landowner next year a little lease agreement and emphasize you don't bring other hunters with you except maybe your daughter.  

5 guys on 5 acres is crazy.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Me and other guy who brings another guy all the time. Then says there’ll be 4 of them there tomorrow. I don’t want to get the older woman ( property owner who gave me permission involved . Although I did text her at 6 am morning saying deer knocked down electric fence around her 2 quarter horses and she was greatly appreciative as they would have gotten out. And other guy with permission just text after I called him out saying only he and I have permission saying only he going now . I’m climbing in a stand at 5 am to stake my claim. This is driving me nuts 

Sounds like he might be making up the other guys. Who would agree to that .?  I sure wouldn't go with 4 guys on 5 acres.  Sounds like he was trying to ward you off. 

Def get out there early and next season I would offer a little lease to landowner.  And maybe tell her your willing to bow hunt only and just use a muzzleloader.  People like that . 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, GreeneHunter said:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

I’d be there at 5...

• Haha 1

Sounds like the problem is somewhat solved.....now get there and knock down a stud.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

Finished up in NM a day early and caught a late flight back to ROC last night. I was not looking forward to getting back on Friday night @ midnight just to get up @ 4am for the opener. 

Getting final preparations complete now and ready to hit the woods in the AM!! 

I hung a new stand last Friday and cleared a few lanes on a new area with some really good sign. I'm hoping it pays off. I am pumped!! Cold temps, good wind!! Let's get it done tomorrow!!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, hunterdan44 said:

Back at it last sit of bow season. Not feeling it but my son reminded me that both he and his brother in the past two seasons scored on nice shooter bucks on last day of bow. One time at 1615 hrs. As he says that l look out my living room window and a doe is running through my yard. So I’ll be surfing till dark. My nephew is out about a mile away. He’s in the stand that they used. Good luck all.

You just never know! LOL Good luck!

3 minutes ago, Judoka95 said:

Finished up in NM a day early and caught a late flight back to ROC last night. I was not looking forward to getting back on Friday night @ midnight just to get up @ 4am for the opener. 

Getting final preparations complete now and ready to hit the woods in the AM!! 

I hung a new stand last Friday and cleared a few lanes on a new area with some really good sign. I'm hoping it pays off. I am pumped!! Cold temps, good wind!! Let's get it done tomorrow!!

That's awesome how things worked out for you! Good luck!

After morning sit headed an hour south to slip in and out and set up my stand. 10 degrees colder and snowing up top. Hope we get into some. There be folks driving by 8-9 I’m sure so hopefully they get the deer moving that I haven’t shot by then!

Back home now up in the tree I shot my buck at and sending out the early bow season.

1 minute ago, Moho81 said:

One hour to go in this abysmal bow season. Saw only 7 deer prior to today. Saw 11 doe today. Only 2 bucks a spike and a fork.

SEND IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha 1

Live from my living room; babysitting our granddaughter this afternoon and these two have been laying here for 4 & 1/2 hours so far, 100 yds from the house. I’m thinking Momma is locked down somewhere?

I shot a doe on Monday out of a group of seven flat tops. These two wouldn’t be her fawns, right? Five days later? They’re actually laying 30-40 yards from the ground blind I shot her from.

I’m thinking it’s a lockdown situation.

C4E01139-D1B7-431B-97F2-720AB1E2EDC5.jpeg

Edited by Steuben Jerry

SEND IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish it happened my friend. My awful season comes to an end. Hopefully the regular season is a little better and I get the chance to take something

• Like 3

I was at full draw at 35 yards on a solid 8 around 1230.  He got my wind shortly thereafter and trotted back the way he came.  It was fun practice, don't think I'd take him during gun.  Or at least not the first week!  Found a pretty active spot not far from there, smack dab in the middle of my hillside property, probably haul a stand way out there on Sunday.

Edit:. This was from the ground, which I'm really becoming a fan of.

Edited by UpStateRedNeck
  • Like 2