LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

Congrats to everyone who scored.  Waiting on pics from Paula.  Swamp Bucks got some instant karma for helping Redneck get on some public land deers!  Upstate and Biz just couldn't wait!  Dino got back from his trapping adventures in time to tag a buck.  Hockey did what he does.  My best to everyone I forgot and all the hunters who are out celebrating opening day.  

• Like 3

I'm watching from the sidelines here in VT.  I hunted fairly hard for 5 days and saw about 20 does and a tiny spikehorn before shooting the first (small) 6 point that I saw.  I'm thankful for a full freezer and satisfied that I made a great offhand shot.  

Hoping to hear that Rob tagged a rifle buck!  Best of luck to Cabin Fever and TF and all the other grinders who could use some venison in the freezer. 

Enjoy the experience everyone.  If you sit or track or drive deer, if you use a compound or a crossbow, a slug gun or a rifle, if you hunt every minute or weekends, if you hunt on public or managed private ground: we have that drive IN COMMON.  Thanks for being part of the hunting tribe.  I wish you luck and the awe inspiring sights and sounds of the outdoors.  

• Like 2

Congrats Hockey, Dino, Redneck, Paula, Sodfather and anyone I missed.

I’ll update my journal later but today was my Dad’s 55th straight gun opener and 54th anniversary to the day he shot his first buck.

9d5d82ac8c4982a3872d575560c36696.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 20

Surgical. Love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This morning I learned the cell cam temptation. With bow it was never an issue with how I hunt, but with gun…. Man when a cam on the other side of the property a 5 minute walk has popped 3 bucks, 1 a shooter in 30 minutes then a doe and you’re not seeing shit where you’re at. Dammit haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 doe and a spike so far. Got in a little late as we get to our property and I realize my rifle is still in my truck at my parents house. 45 minutes round trip and ended up having to walk in at first light.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Whoever said they move more at mid-day during a full moon is full of bs.  I have not seen a deer since 9:00 today (5 before that).  The longest I have sat in this stand, the last 3 years on opening day, before I had one on the ground was 10:30 last year.  

I always wondered what I was missing later.  I guess not too much.  I will give it until 12:10 or so, then lunch with my parents.  They will worry that I fell out of my tree if I wait much longer than that.  My afternoon stand is way more comfortable at least.