LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

22 hours ago, UpStateRedNeck said:

I was at full draw at 35 yards on a solid 8 around 1230.  He got my wind shortly thereafter and trotted back the way he came.  It was fun practice, don't think I'd take him during gun.  Or at least not the first week!  Found a pretty active spot not far from there, smack dab in the middle of my hillside property, probably haul a stand way out there on Sunday.

Edit:. This was from the ground, which I'm really becoming a fan of.

Yeah.   I'm pretty convinced the 8 I got this morning is the same buck.  So, I'm a bullsh#$ artist is what I'm saying.  Just finished hiking a hanger stand deep down my hillside property and hanging it.  Going to take tomorrow to butcher him up, and see where the rest of the week takes me.

Posting better late in the day than never.
This guy closed the distance across a cut bean field from 300 yards to 75....my son whispered "take him" and the rest is history. Same blind we shot our opening day turkey from. He is pumped the he a day will be on his wall and hopefully he is hooked for life.
55ba1e459b7f88462d5c0d8bae7abb22.jpg

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

• Like 34

12 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

Posting better late in the day than never.
This guy closed the distance across a cut bean field from 300 yards to 75....my son whispered "take him" and the rest is history. Same blind we shot our opening day turkey from. He is pumped the he a day will be on his wall and hopefully he is hooked for life.
55ba1e459b7f88462d5c0d8bae7abb22.jpg

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

Out of likes for the day

Congratulations nice job!  Great pic. 

Sllloooowwww day in 7M. Least amount of hunters I've ever seen, least amount of shooting. Heard 2 shots from 12-4:45pm. The deer are there but with noone to make them move, they don't. Going to the lease tomorrow, even though that's been dead too. The neighbors killed 2 great bucks today, seems all of the bucks I was seeing are over there for whatever reason.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk