LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

Sitting today out . Have to get the 2 deer quartered and in the fridge  might just complete butcher today as I have the week off to hunt. Nephew wants to go steelhead fishing Wed other than that it's honey do and deer hunting. Wife wants the rest of the leaves cleaned  up also . Damn trees are holding the leaves late .

Just now, Nytracker said:

Sitting today out . Have to get the 2 deer quartered and in the fridge  might just complete butcher today as I have the week off to hunt. Nephew wants to go steelhead fishing Wed other than that it's honey do and deer hunting. Wife wants the rest of the leaves cleaned  up also . Damn trees are holding the leaves late .

Just did this yesterday and agree'd!!I have A tree or two still full and this is my third time cleaning up.need to cut em all down next year:rofl:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Nytracker said:

I keep threatening  to chop all the trees down to . There's 31 I think .

Think I'm around 25.just about had enough pickin up after em.this year I bought a lawn sweeper/have a riding mower now.makes it mucccch easier that raking em onto a tarp and dragging em around by hand

20211114_152620.jpg

Edited by doebuck1234

I’m in 6R. Bare ground at my house. Full snow coverage 3 miles away at my daughters. Gave a pass to a young spike yesterday and a small doe today.  Tempted to take anything as I am out here for the meat. Hard to do when you know there are big rack bucks close by.

0DB94036-9893-4461-841F-D47D85A13271.jpeg

178DBDDA-76A9-44B3-8229-BDA8EDB69A8A.jpeg

• Like 16

Got permission from my wife to go hunting at 7:30, dressed and headed out the door. I still hunted my way up a swampy area and sat down. At quarter to nine I got a call that I needed to come home because she’s overwhelmed with the 2 kids. Oh well, I’m a dad first.
I did see a small buck through the woods on my still hunt in. 

795C1249-B459-4065-A410-8019202ECBF4.jpeg

Edited by Splitear
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Splitear said:

Got permission from my wife to go hunting at 7:30, dressed and headed out the door. I still hunted my way up a swampy area and sat down. At quarter to nine I got a call that I needed to come home because she’s overwhelmed with the 3 kids. Oh well, I did see a small buck through the woods on my still hunt in. 

My wife knows better to not bother me while out lol

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Splitear said:

Got permission from my wife to go hunting at 7:30, dressed and headed out the door. I still hunted my way up a swampy area and sat down. At quarter to nine I got a call that I needed to come home because she’s overwhelmed with the 3 kids. Oh well, I’m a dad first.
I did see a small buck through the woods on my still hunt in. 

Yah my wife knows I’m gonna oct 1- mid dec. Gotta establish that way before marriage. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Hock3y24 said:

Yah my wife knows I’m gonna oct 1- mid dec. Gotta establish that way before marriage. 

It all changed for me when we had kids. My priorities shifted in a major way. An hour ago I was in the woods, right now I’m playing “baby dolls” :)

40454610-E100-4B62-8B63-F490BA87024B.jpeg

• Like 15

I sat out the a.m. It is a hard adjustment going from having the woods to oneself during bow to opening day of gun. 

I may go out this afternoon on a friend's property adjacent to state land and see if some deer got pushed onto his...Should be a quiet walk after the snow melted.

My son Eric and I got into the Buckform my big hunting blind and left the windows closed as the wind was out of the south mostly but it wasn’t long until we spotted movement and then saw some does come out into the radishes.  About 330 yards away he came out and was trailing a doe so I opened the window for Eric and told him to get on him and take the shot when he had it.  A few seconds went by and he said I think he’s going to go into the woods and he shot.  This is a buck I have some history with I called him Hank the Tank I missed him during bow and so glad that my son got him. It makes me happier that he got them then if I did very proud.  I think the grandkids are as excited as their dad

Good luck to the rest of us as I have to find a new target buck.  

4B46890B-DA6C-4BBE-B62A-203015896B70.jpeg

0CC27284-1CF5-42EB-826D-F70E67DB5172.jpeg

17B1F687-DE89-4D35-A9F2-1B4B1EC5F4D8.jpeg

7BF73079-6503-48C1-BBD7-CE2B53F7ED91.jpeg

C4AB8136-FA38-4DCA-B509-ADF8BE06B236.jpeg

21C23338-E820-48FA-B5A2-E40E0FCBC524.jpeg

• Like 41

CC5A02E4-BAC0-48D3-9692-3F3608B9CC01.thumb.jpeg.39d61f0b0d018f652b801e11bcceeda4.jpegNo early morning deer action near the new double stand at the front corner of my woods.  Lots of squirrels.  I guess that’s what I get for attaching it to a red oak tree.  

I just got up for a stretch and walked to the old stand on the back corner of the woods.  This ones on a maple.  There was a fresh scrape half way between the two stands, which I freshened with about a pint of my own cider based mix.  

The last deer I killed from this one was a big doe in the mid afternoon about 5 years ago. She ran by where that green grass is now, thru about a foot of snow.  

I am going to try and stick it out here until about 12:30.  It will be tough because my stomach is already growling as I think about leftover stuffed peppers that my wife made for dinner Friday night.  

Edited by wolc123
  • Like 2

Ran into a young hunter this morning. Both he and I were headed to the same spot to sit. I said I would go back further up the hill. Very nice young man said I could have the spot and he would walk further back. He did not have to do that, maybe he felt sorry for a old guy? I hope his kind gesture is rewarded with a big buck today! By the way it is another quiet day here for me.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Splitear said:

It all changed for me when we had kids. My priorities shifted in a major way. An hour ago I was in the woods, right now I’m playing “baby dolls” :)

40454610-E100-4B62-8B63-F490BA87024B.jpeg

Can’t blame yah! They grow fast. I’m fortunate with my work I’m able to see my kids a lot!