LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

2 minutes ago, REDNECK4LIFE32 said:

Yes I have the Remington 7400 calibered in 30-06. I will try that and see what's going on. Also seems like when I pull back to load it doesn't lock in. Sometimes when I go to unload it's like jammed where I can't pull it back by had have to tap on it to get it to release.

I also have a 742 woodsmaster. They can be finicky. I would recommend using a "bore snake" from chamber to muzzle to clean it rather than a traditional push rod. It helps prevent dirt from getting in the action.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Judoka95 said:

Are you giving the meat directly to the familys or is there an organization that you are donating to? I have passed on a few doe because my freezer is still pretty full but we have an over population of doe in our area.

Consider the Venison Donation Coalition Venison Donation Coalition, Inc.

Check out the "Find a Processor" tab to find one near you. Might want to call to confirm they are still participating first. Just drop the deer off and they take care of the rest! Goes to a good cause feeding those in need.

• Like 5

Took a walk to the outhouse, had a shooter doe on the other side of my windbreak at about 30 yards. Couldn't shoot as behind her was the road and the next nearest structure.

Tried to sneak around on her to get a shot from below up in to the hill but she quickly crossed the road. 

Walked down to my right of way at the other end of my property and bumped one tiny doe up in to posted land.

Currently back in the tower, listening to about a dozen crows enjoying the 8 pt's gut pile from opening day.

Screenshot_20211122-123146_Gallery.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WNY Bowhunter said:

Here they are dragging it out on my cell cam yesterday 60yds from my stand...

731d5f55-8f86-42bc-b987-3f859a7bc6f0.jpg

a10587ec-4e9c-4812-9d34-01f4d9c85a44.jpg

224b8ea9-d936-4756-8b94-ce226a208b5e.jpg

60 yards from your stand! That hurts, and now you are doing the taxi work for it. It's ok if you cry a little every time you work on it. I won't judge LOL 

• Like 5

Took the day off today to process my deer. The cold the last 2 days really beat up my sinuses, had a headache all morning. Plus my left ear is still ringing from the shot yesterday. Damn muzzle brakes! I'll be back out tomorrow, hopefully in some fresh snow.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Belo said:

With this wind it’s my coldest hunt of the season so far. Calling for up to 7” tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got colder in 2 hours this morning  at 38 degrees with that wind and sprinkle in my face than I did in 6 hours Saturday in 25 degrees lol.

• Like 1