Jump to content

LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!


grampy

Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, Lomax said:

Same here….well not me but my son. When he shot his buck yesterday in an enclosed blind it was so loud when he shot the thermometer nailed to a wall fell down.  He turns and looks at me and says i think got a concussion

Did Hank the tank go down yet?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, REDNECK4LIFE32 said:

Did Hank the tank go down yet?

Yes my son got him yesterday morning we sat together in the Buckform.  He was pumped and I certainly fed off of his adrenaline rush…good times with family and friends.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

From someone with 60% permanent hearing loss ditch the stupid muzzle breaks guys. I know they look cool but it’s not worth it. They sell thread protectors if you don’t want to just cut the threads off.

Trust me when I tell you dealing with these frigging hearing aids isn’t worth the 2% reduction in felt recoil!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sigh of relief.....I am now off til next Monday. Needed a vacation. Still not an official whole week but I haven't taken a whole week off in over 10 years.  Going to hunt and just enjoy it.  Hopefully even run into a buck out there.  

Couple of inches of snow Tonite too. Wed and Thurs weather looks great. 

  • Like 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Sigh of relief.....I am now off til next Monday. Needed a vacation. Still not an official whole week but I haven't taken a whole week off in over 10 years.  Going to hunt and just enjoy it.  Hopefully even run into a buck out there.  

Couple of inches of snow Tonite too. Wed and Thurs weather looks great. 

Good deal Rob.  Hope the bucks cooperate this week.  Even if they don't - have a great vacation.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

From someone with 60% permanent hearing loss ditch the stupid muzzle breaks guys. I know they look cool but it’s not worth it. They sell thread protectors if you don’t want to just cut the threads off.

Trust me when I tell you dealing with these frigging hearing aids isn’t worth the 2% reduction in felt recoil!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know what your dealing with I've got a serious bout of tinnitus from Iraq 03/04 it doesn't go away.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BowmanMike said:

went for a still hunt and had two does at 10 yds. I figured the first was on the small side,she caught my scent and turned away, then another came right to me. I fired but the muzzleloader misfired,only the primer went off. Of course she heard it and left. I am not sure what the problem was,maybe it was the breech plug,I bought a replacement one and couldn't remember which one I usually use.

I keep seeing deer closer during gun season than I did during bow,how weird is that. 

Quick pop another primer in ? I had that happen last day of ml few years ago on a really nice 8 at 25 yards. I panicked and forgot to pop another primer in. I grab Rod and pull breech plug and cleared it then clanking Rod on platform of stand. He was still standing there til the instant I raised gun again. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, biggamefish said:

Nothing tonight. No shots heard either

I shot, just after 4pm tonight. Over the hill from ya at the farm.

BIG buck. Small hole, that I tried to get the bullet through the cover. Didn't see any sign of a hit. Will be going in the morning to look more thoroughly. 

  • Like 13
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lawdwaz said:

Muzzle brakes on a deer gun?

Come on, man up!!

My 870 has a fully rifled barrel with porting and a bushnell banner up top. It loves copper solid sabots.

Have "shotgun only" permission to a 100 acre chunk, that's my work around. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Cabin Fever said:

Would be nice to have a little snow on the ground tomorrow. Just NOT enough to break out the shovel or God forbid the snowblower yet though!

I'll second that. Headed out to back side of my property tomorrow morning, wind looks perfect for the new stand and a few inches of snow would be great.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, REDNECK4LIFE32 said:

Did you weigh him?

No just took him to the processor who was severely backed but does a great job.  Didn’t want to bother him to weigh him right then but would guess 160lbs a pretty stout 3 yr old me thinks.  
Here’s a snapshot of how busy they are after 1 day. 

B1FA41F1-7A17-4C90-A44F-01335077D4F4.jpeg

17A908F2-000D-487B-A121-EF5154918672.jpeg

9088191C-E27A-4C7A-B4F7-F82273BAF817.jpeg

C3AA208D-23A3-468A-828C-80EEC9FADA9C.jpeg

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, grampy said:

I shot, just after 4pm tonight. Over the hill from ya at the farm.

BIG buck. Small hole, that I tried to get the bullet through the cover. Didn't see any sign of a hit. Will be going in the morning to look more thoroughly. 

I hope you connected tonight and just didn't see the sign. Good luck in the morning.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, UpStateRedNeck said:

Note to self:. Need to Windex the windows in the blind.  First one is my my favorite half tame, ho doe.  She was hanging around the cabin Saturday afternoon after I went out, I'm told.  Must have smelled the tarsals on that buck.

IMG_20211122_161800.jpg

IMG_20211122_161727.jpg

RainX is much more effective on the  windows inside too it reduces fogging saw it on a hunting show it works just have to reapply before hunting season and usually lasts.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Lomax said:

No just took him to the processor who was severely backed but does a great job.  Didn’t want to bother him to weigh him right then but would guess 160lbs a pretty stout 3 yr old me thinks.  
Here’s a snapshot of how busy they are after 1 day. 

B1FA41F1-7A17-4C90-A44F-01335077D4F4.jpeg

17A908F2-000D-487B-A121-EF5154918672.jpeg

9088191C-E27A-4C7A-B4F7-F82273BAF817.jpeg

C3AA208D-23A3-468A-828C-80EEC9FADA9C.jpeg

Wow deer fell like crazy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, grampy said:

I shot, just after 4pm tonight. Over the hill from ya at the farm.

BIG buck. Small hole, that I tried to get the bullet through the cover. Didn't see any sign of a hit. Will be going in the morning to look more thoroughly. 

Hoping you connected and find him piled up close by!

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...