LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

With the pistola?? Congratz!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No, I could've easily but it was chaos, the Mennonites we're pushing the neighbors property and had deer running all over the place. Didn't dare set my rifle down in case I saw a big buck.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Woke up at 4 am too steady sleet and rain . Decided to wait it out drink some coffee . 5 am  I walk out on porch and see a  red glow from the neighbors house.. then I notice flames licking up the garage . I call 911 drive over. No lights in the house so I start honking the horn  as I pull in . As I get out of the truck  they are coming out the door . Garage car and a 4 wheeler are a total loss . Smoke damage and minor water damage to the house .

As I was the one to call it it I was asked to wait and talk to fire marshal.  My hunting clothes smelled of smoke and burned plastic so I had to change and shower again . By the time they took my statement it was to late to go hunting . 

Thank God everybody  was ok and the volunteer fire departments  got there so quick and nocked it down so fast . 

Edited by Nytracker
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 6
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Nytracker said:

Woke up at 4 am too steady sleet and rain . Decided to wait it out drink some coffee . 5 am  I walk out on porch and see a  red glow from the neighbors house.. then I notice flames licking up the garage . I call 911 drive over. No lights in the house so I start honking the horn  as I pull in . As I get out of the truck  they are coming out the door . Garage car and a 4 wheeler are a total loss . Smoke damage and minor water damage to the house .

As I was the one to call it it I was asked to wait and talk to fire marshal.  My hunting clothes smelled of smoke and burned plastic so I had to change and shower again . By the time they took my statement it was to late to go hunting . 

Thank God everybody  was ok and the volunteer fire departments  got there so quick and nocked it down so fast . 

Holy crap , good thing you were running late to hunt . 

19 minutes ago, Nytracker said:

They are lucky you were late! Glad they are ok

4 minutes ago, Hock3y24 said:

This was out in 7p, first time out there this year. 

I think 7p is low on people's thoughts when it comes to good hunting.  That's where I do 95% of my hunting on stateland. There's  very good deer numbers in the unit.

• Like 1

Majority of my deer are 7s, and not far from the pa border. 

My office used to be in conklin. Before Maines closed. I saw some slammers in that industrial park

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Well wife missed a buck behind the tower. Had two misfires with factory Hornady American Whitetail 139 interlocks. Rife went off on the third shell but she was so frazzled i think she rushed it. Seems like a good hit in the primer but without proper measurements its anyones guess. This happened last year to me on a big white coyote. I completely stripped the bolt last year and used the proper lube. Thought it was a bad box of ammo. Now im not so sure. I have a few other brands i can try but i have zero confidence in that gun until i know whats going on. The federal and Remington ammo i have the primers are almost flush, the Hornady are recessed. Ill bring ammo and gun to my gunsmith tomorrow and have him look at it. I guess she will have to use another rifle in the meantime. This sucks because before the season i shot half the box and they all went boom. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1