LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

Taking advantage of no rain and the clouds this afternoon.  Not liking the temps for the rest of the week so figured I’d head out today.  Besides an occasional mosquito buzzing in the air it’s pretty quiet so far.  Hoping that will change.  

All done for the day. Went out and sat from 1230 till 445. Poored around 2 and got soaked. Second time, around 430 came with thunder. Called it quits and got out of the tree. My pockets were full of water and i was soaked.I was in the edge of pines and beech brows. Had a doe with 2 fawns come in just before first rain, and they moved on after the rain quit.

Had a doe with 1 fawn come through about 3 and brows for a bit before they left. Had another unidentified deer come by 75 plus yards in the brush 5 minutes before 2nd storm moved in. 

Seemed to have good movement,  but didnt seem wise to be up a tree in a thunderstorm. 

• Like 1

Rrrrr sit without moving a muscle for an hour. Reach out to snap this little twig bugging me in this pine and a deer 15 yards in the super thick crap off my right goes slowly bounding away lol what a pisser.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

glad i didnt take any early time off.  I took the opener and have the 18th just cause i wanted a long weekend.  Then on Oct 25th start a run of some vac time each week!  that first cold shot ought to really get things moving.  Plus it just doesnt feel the same sitting in the stand in a T shirt 

I prefer the edges of the rut over the middle anyway. The big bucks in my area do not have to chase anything in prime time because the buck to doe ratio is so skewed. They will just move from hot doe to hot doe. But at the edges they will have to go looking...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Button bucks are the most tender venison one can possess!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Especially the liver.....And the testicles....

• Like 1

Caped and quartered. No great hero pics since we had to work quick. Son led the 3 generations track job, again and got us right to him. Never had to sit the buck bench from Oct 4 to gun, but I think I'll survive. So blessed to have what I have. I'll get something in the harvest thread soon.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

• Like 15

Caped and quartered. No great hero pics since we had to work quick. Son led the 3 generations track job, again and got us right to him. Never had to sit the buck bench from Oct 4 to gun, but I think I'll survive. So blessed to have what I have. I'll get something in the harvest thread soon.

Not even a teaser pic!? Rude...

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TreeGuy said:

awesome!  congrats! Cant wait to read the story and see the pics

58 and leaves dripping from the rain earlier. Won’t know ones near till it’s on me. Been in tree since 6:05 still not light enough at 7:05 to shoot lol

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BowmanMike said:

I prefer the edges of the rut over the middle anyway. The big bucks in my area do not have to chase anything in prime time because the buck to doe ratio is so skewed. They will just move from hot doe to hot doe. But at the edges they will have to go looking...

I think we hunt in the same area and i can say that i have the same issue.  I've seen bucks chasing does occasionally.  But, it seems that there are at least a dozen does to every buck.  They don't have to work very hard to find a hot doe.  I think they're more likely exhausted from all the action.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Fletch said:

58 and leaves dripping from the rain earlier. Won’t know ones near till it’s on me. Been in tree since 6:05 still not light enough at 7:05 to shoot lol

6:45 I could shoot field edge, woods looked pitch black still lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TreeGuy said:

I tried. They say "upload failed" and I was tired!!ed4d76faa9bf73389a6394bcd7f841e7.jpg

Congratulations!!!!

Whole lotta space between those antlers!

• Like 2