LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

With a 15 degree drop in temps and a perfect wind, I finally got out for a sit tonight in my ground blind. First time in almost 6 weeks that I got out. My target buck showed up there 2 days ago and I was hoping for a repeat tonight, but it wasn’t meant to be. I ended up having 6 does pass by within 10 yards without a clue that I was there. With about 10 minutes to go, I got a pic of my target buck across the road trailing a doe right past one of my portable stands. Looks like things are starting to heat up again. Hopefully the wind is in my favor again soon for another ground blind sit. I’m still not ready for a sit in one of my stands, but it felt great to be out there again. Thankfully my blind is a very short walk from my truck. My mind wants to go, but my body keeps saying not yet. Lol. 

• Like 7

Nobody in today?

After a last minute change of sport schedule fir the kids I’m heading in.

34 and light breeze in 3S with the bow. I’d love to top off the freezer today and give them inner loins a fresh try!!!!

Be safe and MAKE MEAT!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 8

1 minute ago, crappyice said:

Nobody in today?

34 and light breeze in 3S with the bow. I’d love to top off the freezer today and give them inner loins a fresh try!!!!

Be safe and MAKE MEAT!!!

I'm heading in. Against Dr's orders and good judgment. I can't just not go! 

Spot I'm headed to, is only a couple hundred yards from where I'll park. My hunting partner and family, are only a text away, should I need help.

I've hunted six days so far in gun season. Seen deer in every sit. Very unusual for here! Not going to be very selective at this point!

Best of luck to all going out today!

• Like 21

31 minutes ago, grampy said:

Spot I'm headed to, is only a couple hundred yards from where I'll park. My hunting partner and family, are only a text away, should I need help.

I've hunted six days so far in gun season. Seen deer in every sit. Very unusual for here! Not going to be very selective at this point!

Best of luck and be safe Grampy.  Lots of folks rooting for ya.

1 hour ago, grampy said:

Good luck i am going in for a sit this morning also.

1 hour ago, grampy said:

Good luck, Dave!

Nobody in today?

Be safe and MAKE MEAT!!!

I’m in

• Like 1

Morning hunt with my grandson today. This is first chance to get out this season. He is using the moss berg rifled shotgun and I am using my old Remington smoothbore . Fingers crossed he gets a buck today. As far as me just being out with him is a good day for me

• Like 6

18 degrees up on the ridge east of Harrisville.  I am loaded for bear.  Hopefully one ain’t quite ready for its winters nap yet.  The old Remington sluggers worked ok on a buck last week so they might do the trick on a bear, as long as it’s close enough.

Last time up here in October, I was hunting for them over a gut pile with no success.  Maybe the hot cider will draw one with a sweet tooth:

8404DB9C-97C5-4A2A-8B9C-785A4A4392EB.jpeg

Edited by wolc123
  • Like 5