LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

Spooked a deer on the way in.  Tracks all over.  Old scrape just opened back up.  Wind is terrible, I think my scent has been blown in all four directions already.

Quick hunt before work.  It’ll have to be a nice one that gets me to shoot before this warm stretch.

Saw a doe and fawn ~250 yards away in a cornfield. Later, saw another deer go through the same spot, but was looking through tree tops across to the field and couldn’t determine if it was a buck or a doe.

Wind is constantly shifting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, Lucky118 said:

So if you find the sheds do you have report it as a buck instead  lol

Shot one with horns few years ago when I found it it had lost both only had buck tag , dec told me to tag it as buck  they were very fresh, went back out next day 5 hours searching a 100yard blood trail I found both antlers.  Called officer and he laughed said good job. 

7 hours ago, silent death said:

Wife and kids are fully vaxed.....I was able to only get one of the pheizer shots do to a bad reaction

that's good, not the reaction part but the fam should hopefully just have mild symptoms. Even with your 1 shot you should do ok too. Good excuse to stay in the woods too :) good luck!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

2.5 based on a head pic? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bob is less than an hour south of me. Sure there's a chance he's a stub 1, but where I come from it's generally pretty easy to tell a 1.5 from a 2.5. It gets harder for the week 3.5's and stud 2.5's. 

At the end of the day it doesn't matter for Bob or me, does it? 

• Like 4

The longer weather outlook....looks kind of lame for late season. Was really hoping for snowpack to drive bed to food action in a more concentrated and "required" way.

Our plots are actually being extremely under-utilized compared to most years. We have a few acres of standing corn, the only in the area, and it's a practical ghost town. Same with brassicas. Usually by now there is action, even if at night.

We had alot of acorns, and with the lack of snow I am wondering if food availability is comparatively high for this time of year in a more widespread fashion.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Belo said:

testing positive with mild or no symptoms is still very different than ending up on a ventilator or worse. Plus their quarantine period is much shorter.

Not getting into it in this thread but you can do as you see fit for yourself and I'll do as I see fit for myself. People that have been vaxxed are still ending up on vents and worse. I'm done with this topic on this thread sorry to all.

• Like 1

Congrats to those that scored !

My nephew in Tenn. just sent me this ,and almost apologized for shooting a small one , he was frustrated, seeing tons of small bucks daily but none of his big ones . He hunts 1500 acres he shares with the owner .

If we can line up our schedules I should drive down some year .

38714F59-4CC1-41B5-820F-3DE928ACDBFD.jpeg

• Like 13