LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

No woods but , secured some Christmas decorations , started the Honda Generator and Stihl chain saw , made sure they’re topped off . Gas fireplace , two buddy heaters ,lots of led lights at the ready bring on the wind , hope we lose power for a few days .

Next week looks awesome for late season hunting , upper 40s and 50s ! Love me some blue Jean hunting .

• Like 3

Nobody every called me brilliant! This tree can only fall once right ?!  Windy AF. Had 3 fawn and 2 nice doe in field I can’t shoot into at 80 on way in. Bumped em minutes later. I’m nestled right where they and others come thru in pinch point  . Turkey strut chair up against blow down and this maybe a handgun shot as it’s going to happen quick. No rain yet … 

53DD4451-2B9E-4401-8F8F-67FE211250D9.jpeg

3288F7F7-5E89-40A8-AF85-903FDD1F50D3.jpeg

• Like 6

2 does so far. I just settled in little over an hour ago. We will see how much the deer have this hut timing pegged . 

This would be the 1st time I've sat on my property all year. There have been 4 bucks killed out of it so far by others. And they only hunt a couple hours morning and night ..

In the past,  I hunted a fair amount behind where that pylon sits.. anybody that goes to sit in the hut and sees the pylon in the middle of the rd knows the hut is off limits that day.

20211211_113500.jpg

Edited by ncountry
  • Like 4

54 minutes ago, Nomad said:

No woods but , secured some Christmas decorations , started the Honda Generator and Stihl chain saw , made sure they’re topped off . Gas fireplace , two buddy heaters ,lots of led lights at the ready bring on the wind , hope we lose power for a few days .

Next week looks awesome for late season hunting , upper 40s and 50s ! Love me some blue Jean hunting .

I'll 2nd this.bringing the inflatable in,ridgid 18v batteries charged for work light,mini led lantern batteries changed n ready.gallon of fuel mixed for the saws,just gotta top off and fire em up.ooo and I didn't forget a 30 rack of genny light on my way back from home depot this morning!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, G-Man said:

Friend hit a doe. While looking for it I found this20211211_114907.thumb.jpg.da5d219e6eb474c8f364174a5925f61b.jpg20211211_114855.thumb.jpg.49a7478dd6bb10e01fb374883afc29cc.jpgunfortunately  have small tuft of hair and no blood, 243.. said it bucked when she shot it  at 30 yards . Will continue to grid search for blood...

I cannot tell from the pic. Did the antler get shot off or fall off? Looks like it was shot off .lol. don't ask me how I would know what that looks like. 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, mowin said:

You can't be that ignorant, can you? 

Call it what you want, but there are at least two of us here, who don’t rank the .243 very high as a deer round.  

It might be marginally ok for women, children, and the recoil sensitive, so long as they stick to broadside, behind the shoulder shots.  

16 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

Call it what you want, but there are at least two of us here, who don’t rank the .243 very high as a deer round.  

It might be marginally ok for women, children, and the recoil sensitive, so long as they stick to broadside, behind the shoulder shots.  

Well, my point is how do you know if the deer would be dead if she had a 44 or 30-30? You don't.  So why would you post that? 

• Like 1