LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

I once passed on a really nice buck the final day of ML because he was skylined against a road and I literally saw a school bus go by. Now some would say I couldnt hit a schoolbus and thats fair but I wasnt risking it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Was the bus a booner?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, dinorocks said:

The police pulled some lead out of the front of my neighbors house across the street last month. 9F (I was out of town)…investigators interviewed a bunch of neighbors and didn’t find the the “smoking gun”.  

Probably just lead from pre-1978 painted walls?

2 hours ago, dinorocks said:

The police pulled some lead out of the front of my neighbors house across the street last month. 9F (I was out of town)…investigators interviewed a bunch of neighbors and didn’t find the the “smoking gun”.  

One time, back in my younger days, a bunch of us got together and shot up a bunch of clay birds behind a buddy’s barn, closer to the center of wmu 9F, where the structures are a bit closer together.

An old German-speaking fella, who we ran into quite often out on the snowmobile trails, claimed that he could hear the # 7-1/2’s and 8’s falling on the tin roof of his pole barn (about 400 yards away), like rain drops.

17 hours ago, chrisw said:

If anyone wants to see it first hand just grab some tracers and shoot right before dark. It's pretty crazy what some rounds do.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, moog5050 said:

My only point is that I would not shoot in the direction that you otherwise would not simply because you are 5-7’ off the ground.   Anyways good hunting

16 hours ago, Nomad said:

Learned that fast shooting behind my father in laws barn , once you skip a couple off a rock or hard ground and hear it zing off toward the hill down range , you change your set up .

all valiant attempts to educate a man who knows it all and can not be persuaded to think differently.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dinorocks said:

My Uncle had a .223 round go through his daughters 2nd floor bedroom wall last year .Shot came from a long distance off .The guy who did it was target shooting .Happened behind the Hamburg Golf course .

Edited by WNYTRPR
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Belo said:

It’s weird hunting right now lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have two half shed bucks on cam in Ohio. They have a MZ season Jan 8...and bow through to Feb.

It is pretty weird.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, phade said:

I have two half shed bucks on cam in Ohio. They have a MZ season Jan 8...and bow through to Feb.

It is pretty weird.

I hunted the PA january season a few times. Found a beauty shed once in PA stateland food plot. Still had blood on the pedicle.

• Like 1

Went out today around 1, planned on doing a ground hunt with the bow. When I got there I changed plans to scouting. I found my first ever group of rubs, about 10 within 20 yrds, tracks every where. I was able to follow very clear defined deer trails, about 50 yrds from the rubs I bumped a 6 point buck. He didn't see me but spooked cause he heard me. 

I'm assuming based on the clear track trails, the tons of rubs, the near by bed, that this must be this bucks home. 

What do you guys think, should I set up tomorrow morning on one of his trails or leave him for the rut next year? He is in a spot that no one goes to, deep deep in the woods. 

Edit: Is there ever a members meet and greet or anything like that? I know literally know no one who hunts and would love to be able to swap stories, etc., in person. 

Edited by heavuser
  • Like 3