LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

8 minutes ago, Chef said:

Why hunt if you don’t eat what you kill?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For many, it is not ALL about the meat.  I see nothing wrong with that,  so long as the meat goes somewhere where it is appreciated.  

There will always be vegetarians and folks who prefer eating domesticated animals. 

Edited by wolc123

For many, it is not ALL about the meat.  I see nothing wrong with that,  so long as the meat goes somewhere where it is appreciated.  

There will always vegetarians and folks who prefer eating domesticated animals. 

But why go out and kill something you have no intentions of eating.. sounds like killing for pleasure if you ask me.

You know one of those waring Signs to mental illness

Maybe he has a red meat allergy, Alpha-gal. It’s very common around here with all of the lone star ticks around. If I acquired the allergy, I sure would not stop hunting but they would be donated to others who need them. I don’t see anything wrong with it. In fact, the population is so out of whack around here that many hunters will do their part and shoot more than they eat. Whatever they don’t gets donated to Hunters Help the Hungry. Would you stop hunting if you became allergic to red meat?

Just now, Chef said:

But why go out and kill something you have no intentions of eating.. sounds like killing for pleasure if you ask me.

I can think of lots of good reasons.  Doing something that you love, while helping to manage the deer herd, tops the list.  

No one benefits from an unmanaged deer herd, nor do the deer.  Disease would likely wipe them out entirely, if they were not managed.

I agree with you on catch an release fishing though.  To me, that is just the senseless maiming of a fine food source.  It’s kind of sadistic to torcher those beautiful creatures “for sport”.

I can think of lots of good reasons.  Doing something that you love, while helping to manage the deer herd, tops the list.  

No one benefits from an unmanaged deer herd, nor do the deer.  Disease would likely wipe them out entirely, if they were not managed.
I agree with you on catch an release fishing though.  To me, that is just the senseless maiming of a fine food source.  It’s kind of sadistic to torcher those beautiful creatures “for sport”.

You are taking about a guy who hunts the Dacks. Population control is not a issue there

1 minute ago, Chef said:

You are taking about a guy who hunts the Dacks. Population control is not a issue there

He hunts the southern zone also, and gives plenty of deer to folks who appreciate it. 

Tell me you disagree? Tell me killing for no reason is healthy.

He has a reason. Let me take a stab at a few.
Loves tracking.....loves the daks.....and loves filling friends and families freezers. Can't think anyone should find fault in that.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Chef said:

Well I am a real wack job, I hunt Fox, Coyote, Coons, Woodchucks, Rats, Pigeons, Crows, Possums, Blah blah Blah, most of these animals I do not personally eat but if someone wants them to eat I am more than happy to let them have at it. I have eaten Coon and Woodchuck a few times but most fed the local varmints.

Just another typical cheap shot by the FRY COOK who should be permanently banned. 

Al

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Well I am a real wack job, I hunt Fox, Coyote, Coons, Woodchucks, Rats, Pigeons, Crows, Possums, Blah blah Blah, most of these animals I do not personally eat but if someone wants them to eat I am more than happy to let them have at it. I have eaten Coon and Woodchuck a few times but most fed the local varmints.
Just another typical cheap shot by the FRY COOK who should be permanently banned. 
Al

On what grounds should I be permanently banned?

On the one that I have planned numerous forum get togethers?

On the one where I have shown many forum members fishing spots?

On the one where I have let forum members hunt my land?

On the one where I sent a free bow to a forum member for his nephew?

On the one where I helped a forum member source cheaper products for his business?

What have you done to be a member of this community.

6 minutes ago, airedale said:

3 minutes ago, Chef said:

On what grounds should I be permanently banned?

On the one that I have planned numerous forum get togethers?

On the one where I have shown many forum members fishing spots?

On the one where I have let forum members hunt my land?

On the one where I sent a free bow to a forum member a few bow for his nephew?

On the one where I helped a forum member source cheaper products for his business?

What have you done to be a member of this community.

You dish out the most nonsense,you and 4seasons share accounts ?

Edited by WNYTRPR

You dish out the most nonsense,you and 4seasons shared accounts ?

Lol nonsense because you disagree with me politically… that’s a great reason to be banned from a hunting forum

1 minute ago, WNYTRPR said:

You dish out the most nonsense,you and 4seasons shared accounts ?

See that’s where your wrong. He may hand it out but I’m always the bad guy for making the Karen’s eat their words and look the fool.  Such has been done many times today with the same Karen’s. 

6 minutes ago, Chef said:

Lol nonsense because you disagree with me politically… that’s a great reason to be banned from a hunting forum

No, you brought my kids into a discussion about something that we don’t agree on. Your political beliefs Are you beliefs and I respect that, not when you brought my child into it.

Edited by WNYTRPR

8 minutes ago, Four Seasons said:

See that’s where your wrong. He may hand it out but I’m always the bad guy for making the Karen’s eat their words and look the fool.  Such has been done many times today with the same Karen’s. 

To a point, I understand where you’re coming from .You’re just a bit over the top and it’s a bad look .Not like you care ,just saying .

45 minutes ago, NonTypical said:

I’m just waiting for Wolc to post another pic of his buck...lol

Did you see the one with the new antler ornament in it:

That is my twenty cent, 16-gauge, Remington slugger that he caught with his rib cage.   I pressed it back into the original hull.  I held it over the propane heater a little too long, so it’s a little shorter than it once was.  The powder is burnt, the 03A51A7B-366D-446D-9A71-91B4863ECA0E.thumb.jpeg.2e6758c245b9e8b6c6bec84243f0a286.jpegprimer is punched, and I couldn’t find the wad.  

I was going to melt that 4/5 oz of lead, and cast it into a few jig heads, but another forum member gave me this idea.  It sort of balances out the lower jaw hanging on the other side. I am saving that in case I decide to do a “proper” aging, rather than my usual “skull size” method.

Did you see the one with the new antler ornament in it:

That is my twenty cent, 16-gauge, Remington slugger that he caught with his rib cage.   I pressed it back into the original hull.  I held it over the propane heater a little too long, so it’s a little shorter than it once was.  The powder is burnt, the 03A51A7B-366D-446D-9A71-91B4863ECA0E.thumb.jpeg.2e6758c245b9e8b6c6bec84243f0a286.jpegprimer is punched, and I couldn’t find the wad.  
I was going to melt that 4/5 oz of lead, and cast it into a few jig heads, but another forum member gave me this idea.  It sort of balances out the lower jaw hanging on the other side. I am saving that in case I decide to do a “proper” aging, rather than my usual “skull size” method.

Send me a good picture of the molars I’ll age it for you