LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

I can't say I love hunting in warm weather, but it ends up being an irrational excuse IMO unless there is something else in play. Bad wind one thing. 

Seen too many deer and too many good/shooter bucks in high temps to use it as an excuse.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

Woohoo!! Live form the office...

X2, I believe I'll get out tonight.

Observation sit on one of our properties that had material physical changes due to clear cutting on two sides of our property. Some thick tree tops left on the border, which we can shoot into with permission, so hoping to see what moves in there. Haven't seen a ton of promise yet based on a few cams that have sat there all summer.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

I killed my biggest archery NY buck with a stihl pole saw laying under tree, after hanging stand and clearing shooting lanes. I planned on going to a different stand after doing the work but saw 3 deer while the saw was running so I lowered it out of the tree and pulled my bow up.

I agree with fade, I am a very aggressive hunter especially in November!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i had an 8 point come up on in me in november dragging out a doe, talking with my dad without a care. Horny deer will do crazy shit. Heck sometimes all that racket will actually attract them. they're curious... until they've been shot at haha.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phade said:

I can't say I love hunting in warm weather, but it ends up being an irrational excuse IMO unless there is something else in play. Bad wind one thing. 

Seen too many deer and too many good/shooter bucks in high temps to use it as an excuse.

I saw deer in the fields just now on my way back from town.  They don't care too much about the temps,they deal with it. I hope to be able to make it out tonight, but if I won't I definetely will be out tomorrow 

I got dressed, walked out to the truck and thought better of it. 60° and a not great wind. Im trying to be patient, theres a lot of season left. I dont see decent weather to hunt in the forecast, what a crazy October

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What did the cell cams show? Do you regret your decision?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just home from camping in Letchworth, lots of deer walking around . Head to Old Forge Wed. I may hunt once or twice in between,I’ve got spots I haven’t opened up the trail or tightened straps should do that I guess .

Picked up truck from the shop so looks like I’ll be in stand around 5ish for the last two hours. 

Deer are out there guys, go get them. This guy has been around a lot. Known 3.5, just not well built. Hope he makes it to 4 and is this visible. But he is just an example that bucks can and will be out in daylight. Watched him go by on Saturday, may end up doing the same again this evening if I can also see his friend I saw with him too about 120 yards away.

He’s timely within the same five minutes on back to back days.

D59B46E8-9C39-45B8-88F6-0B94E076B0D0.jpeg

7DF04AF8-8B4F-4265-8679-A8E765DF305B.jpeg

3785C873-A1F5-40B3-9324-86F232A68CEB.jpeg

Edited by phade
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, phade said:

Picked up truck from the shop so looks like I’ll be in stand around 5ish for the last two hours. 

Deer are out there guys, go get them. This guy has been around a lot. Known 3.5, just not well built. Hope he makes it to 4 and is this visible. But he is just an example that bucks can and will be out in daylight. Watched him go by on Saturday, may end up doing the same again this evening if I can also see his friend I saw with him too about 120 yards away.

He’s timely within the same five minutes on back to back days.

D59B46E8-9C39-45B8-88F6-0B94E076B0D0.jpeg

7DF04AF8-8B4F-4265-8679-A8E765DF305B.jpeg

3785C873-A1F5-40B3-9324-86F232A68CEB.jpeg

Any info for hunting deer in the warmer weather people over look?  Going to be warm next week on my PA trip.  Problem I have is plenty of water around.  All I can think to do is scout midday and hunt the freshest sign I can find.

Just now, Swamp_bucks said:

Any info for hunting deer in the warmer weather people over look?  Going to be warm next week on my PA trip.  Problem I have is plenty of water around.  All I can think to do is scout midday and hunt the freshest sign I can find.

I am no expert but I guess if there was one thing it would be to not let conventional hunting wisdom override decisions that make sense to you based on what you are seeing, scouting, etc. 

I'd also glass if at all possible. Sometimes that intel can spring new info into action.

• Like 2