LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

Yeah I guess I just meant that I’m not sure that website has it correct. I’ve seen a lot of 3.5 year old NY bucks and that one doesn’t look like one.

No disrespect to biz’s buck at all. Just not sure it’s a 3.5z

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There’s a thread on this. I tagged you. But yea we thought 2.5 based on appearance and teeth were obviously not 1.5. Fawn / 1.5 / 2.5+ is simple using teeth but beyond that molar wear isn’t very accurate. DEC biologists said 3.5, I thought no way. Deerage slice came back 3.5.

I’d say my Dad has 10-15 3.5+ bucks between 105-115”. He’s never killed over 115” in 3N. We are aging every single one going forward. This year his 95” was 4.5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Lawdwaz said:
You didn't have to ask my opinion, bud.  This is a public forum last I checked.......
You posted a picture of something only a rank amateur would do OR someone with a stage name like "HornHunter" might do as they had no regard for venison.  It is quite evident you are the one full of bullshit. 

I never asked your opinion. I can guarantee you I’ve put more meat and more bone on the pole than you. I process it all myself so don’t give your bullshit about having no regard for venison. I really wish little key board warriors like you would make comments like this in person…

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

54 minutes ago, Just Lucky said:

You have written in the past about pursuing a specific deer, and nothing else will do. Then you shoot one that is good enough, instead of "your" target deer. Then say you are not disappointed in your harvest, and post someone else deer. Seems someone is envious. 

Sure, your credibility is great. And sure all the other deer you post are your harvest.

If You have no clue what it takes to target any mature you might have an idea. You see I am lucky and smart enough to be able to have choices of mature deer to harvest on my ground because I in fact made it that way. You can go back 10 years and look at my harvests on this site alone if your looking for envious. Sorry if you can’t do or have any of the above but if you work real hard and learn from a successful Ny hunter of mature deer you may get there someday. Until then enjoy all the pic’s you see of other hunters mature deer harvests. Yearly. 

I fly into Phoenix and hunt an OTC unit to the east. Been hunting it every winter for the past few years.

For elk or coose deer?

For Elk I know you can get otc tags for between fountain hills and payson

3 minutes ago, TheHornHunter said:

I never asked your opinion asshole. I can guarantee you I’ve put more meat and more bone on the pole than you. I process it all myself so don’t give your bullshit about having no regard for venison. I really wish little key board warriors like you would make comments like this in person…

Oh you are learning about that one quickly. You will see the pattern!

• Like 1

I never asked your opinion asshole. I can guarantee you I’ve put more meat and more bone on the pole than you. I process it all myself so don’t give your bullshit about having no regard for venison. I really wish little key board warriors like you would make comments like this in person…

FYI, you are taking to a guy who has killed some real slammers and most years kills two. There is no need for this hostility he had a valid point

• Like 1

You obviously didn’t read most of what I said on this topic I said 9/10 times it’s fine.. I said in a situation where it could mean losing the animal of course it’s better to let it lay.

But why do it by choice on a already recovered animal.

Is it probably fine sure… but why take the risk.

I didn’t bash him. Wasn’t rude to him. Im happy for him for the stud buck he shot.

But as someone who does actually have some expertise on the matter I gave my opinion.

I appreciate the manner in which you did, unlike others. We have different opinions but I understand where you’re coming from

3 minutes ago, Chef said:

FYI, you are taking to a guy who has killed some real slammers and most years kills two. There is no need for this hostility he had a valid point

So that gives him the right to shame and Downgrade how another hunters does their thing?  If that’s the case I have an open season!  And for a newer member dumping a late season buck like he did I would guess he is not real worried about what old Larry may have shot in the past. 

• Like 1

So that gives him the right to shame and Downgrade how another hunters does their thing?  If that’s the case I have an open season!  And for a newer member dumping a late season buck like he did I would guess he is not real worried about what old Larry may have shot in the past. 

No guy… but Hornhunter said the puts up more meat and bone than Larry and that is probably false.

He also didn’t attack him he just made a very valid point

• Like 1

For elk or coose deer?

For Elk I know you can get otc tags for between fountain hills and payson

Deer, the tag is for any fork antlered deer. I am hunting mule deer. But there are coues deer in the unit also. You can use the tag on either.
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chef said:

No guy… but Hornhunter said the puts up more meat and bone than Larry and that is probably false.

He also didn’t attack him he just made a very valid point

And what makes ya think he doesn’t?  Looks to me like he has him beat in the antler department this year so who knows. Point is ole Larry called this guy out with his petty comments to get a rise out of him just like his petty little comment to get a rise out of me. The only thing is that I have no problem calling his bull out. And I’m sure in due time Horn will learn to do the same. 

• Like 1

Your blow boy also shot one hell of a spike this year, had a cool story to go with it like most that aren’t comfortable or embarrassed with what they shoot.

You and I usually see eye to eye on here and are very much alike in many of our opinions but you’re sounding like an idiot.

9 hours ago, Chef said:

How would you feel if someone told you you were wrong on something you dedicate a good chunk of your life to and have done for years? He can tell me he disagrees sure, but to all over the way I do something with MY deer is totally unacceptable and then question my hunting ethics? He has an opinion and I was already fully aware of that opinion before I did what I did and I never asked for it. It was freaking New Years Eve and it hung over literally over night. Would it have been the 100% best way to gut it right away? Sure. But I’ve been doing this long enough to know what I can get away with and can’t and it was fine to do what I did. It may blow your mind, but that meat is fine. You guys don’t wanna eat it? Fine, you’re not invited anyways. You don’t like the way I process things? Great, don’t do it. But don’t be an and act like someone is an idiot because they made a choice you disagree with.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, TheHornHunter said:

You should go back and re read

bc3a23d6d42b96ed06f26c659b6254f0.png
34523a8083c32cfac10c6625b489fc5c.png
94298d136baddeb41348abc24fec77e7.png

Certainly didn’t justify the total storm on all ends that it became.

Then again we had FSW to Instigate

How would you feel if someone told you you were wrong on something you dedicate a good chunk of your life to and have done for years? He can tell me he disagrees sure, but to shit all over the way I do something with MY deer is totally unacceptable and then question my hunting ethics? He has an opinion and I was already fully aware of that opinion before I did what I did and I never asked for it. It was freaking New Years Eve and it hung over literally over night. Would it have been the 100% best way to gut it right away? Sure. But I’ve been doing this long enough to know what I can get away with and can’t and it was fine to do what I did. It may blow your mind, but that meat is fine. You guys don’t wanna eat it? Fine, you’re not invited anyways. You don’t like the way I process things? Great, don’t do it. But don’t be an asshole and act like someone is an idiot because they made a choice you disagree with.

Again he gave his opinion wasn’t really a dick. Just think of all that blood pooling in there.. stomach gassed leaching into the hind quarters.

But yes to each his own and congrats in two late season harvests.

You earned that deer I’ve seen pics of him a few times from you on here this year.

I remember when you didn’t recognize him because he’s broken off

• Like 1

Your blow boy also shot one hell of a spike this year, had a cool story to go with it like most that aren’t comfortable or embarrassed with what they shoot.

You and I usually see eye to eye on here and are very much alike in many of our opinions but you’re sounding like an idiot.

Really? If I was embarrassed about what I shot I wouldn’t have shared it. If anything I hoped it served as a lesson to other members. I was disappointed in myself for getting so close to killing a mature buck and screwing up at the last minute losing track of which deer was which, but not embarrassed. It wasn’t like I could see antlers when I shot. And guess what? I found that buck back and killed him a week later. And I can guarantee you I won’t make that mistake again.

• Like 1

Really? If I was embarrassed about what I shot I wouldn’t have shared it. If anything I hoped it served as a lesson to other members. I was disappointed in myself for getting so close to killing a mature buck and screwing up at the last minute losing track of which deer was which, but not embarrassed. It wasn’t like I could see antlers when I shot. And guess what? I found that buck back and killed him a week later. And I can guarantee you I won’t make that mistake again.

He isn’t worth the argument… he doesn’t eat what he kills and tells tall tails about carrying bucks on his back miles through the ADK.

Don’t argue with Paul Bunyan

No, you havent. Doesnt mean you aren't a great hunter though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Chef said:

bc3a23d6d42b96ed06f26c659b6254f0.png
34523a8083c32cfac10c6625b489fc5c.png
94298d136baddeb41348abc24fec77e7.png

Certainly didn’t justify the total shit storm on all ends that it became.

Then again we had FSW to Instigate

You had a guy saying that deer is trash and it’s the same guy that gave others the advice to let deer lay overnight in the early season rather than push and lose when he had no idea of wound placement or length before death of animal.                                      And if you go up a few more posts and take some more pics you will see where he invited me to his little party.  He got exactly what he deserved. 

• Haha 1

Again he gave his opinion wasn’t really a dick. Just think of all that blood pooling in there.. stomach gassed leaching into the hind quarters.

But yes to each his own and congrats in two late season harvests.

You earned that deer I’ve seen pics of him a few times from you on here this year.

I remember when you didn’t recognize him because he’s broken off

He came off as a condescending know it all dick. Or maybe I’m just a soft Karen now.

And thanks… definitely put more work into that deer than any other one and was out most days looking for tracks and other sign trying to pattern him.

The funny thing is out of the 7 deer I killed in NY this year, only that doe didn’t get gutted and one stupid picture that wasn’t even meant to get into that sparked all this. Vast majority of my deer get gutted, only special situations don’t and New Year’s Eve with the doe was one of those where I felt fine leaving it over night. It’s not like I made some post on here telling everyone to leave the guts in their deer and it was a great method.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, TheHornHunter said:

You have to explain nothing to anyone. You killed more in days then these same ones knocking you killed in months of hunting.