LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

44 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

You should put up a deer fence. Save the shrubs and create a funnel for hunting. Kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

I built the patio wall and landscape late summer and got too lazy to put one up this year LOL (pic shown was still not completed )I do have 2 natural funnels though ,one is 50 yards wide on the top ridge and about 140 yards wide on the lower .(concrete will be recolored and sealed this year)

8E97381E-4AA0-44C8-AE3B-53437A95BB62.jpeg

72DEE71B-4C2C-4B72-9846-8723A599BFD6.jpeg

1CDB5AC6-42DF-40D0-BE6D-99378C81C36D.jpeg

Edited by WNYTRPR
  • Like 1

Finally made it out for an afternoon sit. Saw my target buck on cam close by this morning. Hopefully I didn’t bump him getting in and he makes an afternoon appearance. Either way it feels great to be out. It’s been a while and I feel very grateful just to have a chance. 

• Like 7

See, that's where I have to steer you right again.  (easy, easy...just joking)  Pictures of ungutted animals in hero shots are where its at, IMO.   Easily done with a friend to help or a self timer on your phone or camera of course.  Even if you aren't in the picture, pre-dressed pics are great.
Sorry things got ugly yesterday, here's to better times! 

IMG_1059.thumb.JPG.077812af657b654bf0c5eb19e26d0b24.JPG

Cheers to that and same to you! Only ungutted hero pics in the future

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

That final doe. Its chunked and frozen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If the weather isn’t too messy we could do it tomorrow night or Thursday night?

You coming here I hope…….sadly, the grinder quite possibly weighs more than your meat.   :)

1 hour ago, TheHornHunter said:

Cheers to that and same to you! Only ungutted hero pics in the future

I have to add, gutted pics are fine if it's all you have.  Although I always try and get them pictured ungutted, occasionally gutted has to do.  It's just that if you want a better quality picture, the sooner the better for the picture.  

We've all seen the old time pics of deer stretched out on the back trunk lid of dad's '72 Buick Electra Deuce & A Quarter, meat pole pics (like my steaming video from the other day or just the head and cape.  Lovely  :(

Here’s an awful example with a nice buck   

6090277F-90D6-441D-AB95-45EE26657BB9.jpeg

Edited by Lawdwaz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lawdwaz said:

New grinder I assume?  Looks very close to my Cabela’s unit.  

Yup, pretty sure they’re  exactly the same, but with lifetime warranty vs 5 year, and $100 cheaper.

Edited by Hock3y24
  • Sad 1

We may have to have a show down there! Mines old and ugly but she’s BIG

Hahaha have you seen Larry there is no way your “unit” is older or uglier than his

• Like 1

Update on the guy that stole my friends deer. I sent the DEC officer pins of where the gut pile was, and he was able to find it. I haven't heard the whole story yet, but the guy basically admitted that he took the deer. His story was that he shot a deer, gutted it and thought that was his deer so he took it. Obviously its a complete lie. He knew he missed those deer he shot at and he found a deer that was gutted and had a drag rope attached to it 

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, Chef said:

Hahaha have you seen Larry there is no way your “unit” is older or uglier than his

57411DC9-5D76-4203-93F3-EF1F6A8F950E.thumb.jpeg.ea7beb048fd37ba94c3f8d9acdb56558.jpegMy unit takes both those prizes, hands down.

Edited by wolc123
  • Like 2