LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

I have to work tomorrow :crying: I am leaving at noon to scout a spot I just found apporx 5 minutes away. Go find a travel route, pick/mark a tree, and return next time I have to work on a Saturday with my climber. When I have a more working knowledge of the area, I may hang a stand to make getting in easier, faster, less sweaty. I see an amazing amount of deer on my way in, in the am. I have passed this spot on my way in and again back home every day since I found it (9/30). Have yet to see anyone near it!! Unfortunately it is public land, but 98% of the hunters around here have private to go to. Fingers crossed!

Sunday I will hit the "high" stand near my house. Last year in November, I saw much activity in that area. All I kept thinking was I need to be over there!!! After reading today's posts, I shoulda moved! Well, there is very little in the way of density there so I hung a stand 33ft +/- up for better cover. Probably gonna do a lot of tree surfing in that stand lol.

18 minutes ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

I have to work tomorrow :crying: I am leaving at noon to scout a spot I just found apporx 5 minutes away. Go find a travel route, pick/mark a tree, and return next time I have to work on a Saturday with my climber. When I have a more working knowledge of the area, I may hang a stand to make getting in easier, faster, less sweaty. I see an amazing amount of deer on my way in, in the am. I have passed this spot on my way in and again back home every day since I found it (9/30). Have yet to see anyone near it!! Unfortunately it is public land, but 98% of the hunters around here have private to go to. Fingers crossed!

Sunday I will hit the "high" stand near my house. Last year in November, I saw much activity in that area. All I kept thinking was I need to be over there!!! After reading today's posts, I shoulda moved! Well, there is very little in the way of density there so I hung a stand 33ft +/- up for better cover. Probably gonna do a lot of tree surfing in that stand lol.

That is some serious shot angle unless you are on a hillside. I’ve been in a few of those stands earlier in my life - hard pass now lol.

In. Partner is in the real kill stand tonight. On the left side of the image up about 100 yards from me. I’m covering one interior trail and one lane exiting the plot heading to beans and greens. Plus I can get down and have enough cover to blow the deer out of this plot without giving his stand up.

A9A6DAE5-E37E-48EC-AE6E-A5EC0CBAF0BF.png

Edited by phade

1 hour ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Milkweed deployed. 

2A4D2629-1D22-4F16-B92E-0B59D519FAB6.jpeg

Ah man after my own secrets. Puffer you spent 12 bucks for...  6 ft. Smoke stick which is just plain stupid 4 ft. Film canister full of milkweed pod 50 yards if you have good eyesight. I've watched it for 80 yards and change direction 2 times. Secrets in the wind....free

Edited by SWEDE
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1