LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

20211009_131838.thumb.jpg.1a946a651b020c49c4267f2bf95e58c2.jpg

We moved this stand to the thick stuff, below a small ridge. Shots will be close. But this is where we need to be, based on everything we've put together. It's not perfect, as access, and wind direction is the key, but it's close. 

20211009_134519.thumb.jpg.8ee00269db42ed5bd672a508e39e46e3.jpg

This may be my gun opener spot? A cut between two big THICK bedding areas, that we never set foot in. About 200 yards to the left from the top picture. 

If I don't get him from one spot, hopefully I will from the other? 

Time will tell? Or perhaps I'll shoot the first decent one that comes in? I was quite humbled last year.

• Like 13

20211009_131838.thumb.jpg.1a946a651b020c49c4267f2bf95e58c2.jpg
We moved this stand to the thick stuff, below a small ridge. Shots will be close. But this is where we need to be, based on everything we've put together. It's not perfect, as access, and wind direction is the key, but it's close. 
20211009_134519.thumb.jpg.8ee00269db42ed5bd672a508e39e46e3.jpg
This may be my gun opener spot? A cut between two big THICK bedding areas, that we never set foot in. About 200 yards to the left from the top picture. 
If I don't get him from one spot, hopefully I will from the other? 
Time will tell? Or perhaps I'll shoot the first decent one that comes in? I was quite humbled last year.

Who’s “him”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

dd2989f736d69b306d6eb51b6c64e017.jpg
I’m stuck in punta Cana for a wedding so i missed it but my daughter maddy got it done tonight with her great grandfather!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great grandfather as in your grandfather or great grandfather as in he's an awesome grandfather or is it that he's an awesome great-grandfather

https://www.instagram.com/thejerkman

#JerkmanCustoms
#WeDemandUnlimitedLikes

• Like 1

First time not seeing deer tonight. Beech nuts were falling good tonight.  645 I headed out of the woods onto a powerline. While standing there I watched a bear come out. He headed down the powerline trail behind me as I walked home. I figure he headed into the beech nuts.

I have seen several bears over the years, but first one bow hunting. He was the biggest I can recall seeing, and only the second one I have seen on this property. 

Hope he was passing through,  I don't have interest in a bear.

• Like 2

Had 2 youth hunters today one had to leave early for sports commitment. The other came back for a eventful  afternoon. 1st deer 12 years old , congrats to duce!!20211009_222502.thumb.jpg.7295fafaaa7c3f43a6bdb62e33ea2601.jpg

Wow congratulations young man!

7 hours ago, Moho81 said:

Loving the kids smiles and pictures. Way to go guys!

Thanks to a few good for nothing democrats, there won’t be too many of those smiles in my home county of Erie this year.  I will not forget that and will vote straight republican in all elections henceforth.

I encourage all others here to do likewise, especially left field, versatile hunter, gobbler chaser (who may actually all be be the same individual because none has posted photos showing their face), as well as chef and bowman Mike, who at least have the balls to post photos of themselves unlike that/those other fella(s)/gal(s).

Edited by wolc123
  • Like 2