LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

Proud of my nephews ones been hunting 2 years the other 3. They've already both taken good turkeys and their first deer.  Both deer taken in their first years of deer hunting.  They are going to give us a run for our money the next couple years. They are like sponges tell them something and they just soak it all up and never have to remind them.  The rest of the year is to try and get their 1st bow kills. 

Honestly wish I had their composure when I was that age. They keep there cool until the shots done. 

• Like 4

Not sure what kinda tree this is, but it’s a beast.  Tough to hang a stand when you can’t reach around the tree but I got it done.  This stand overlooks a spot where three trails converge and should be more stable on windy days compared to the pines I’m normally in. 

5C540454-3B38-4177-86F9-479D759A3718.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Swamp_bucks said:

Finishing packing for my PA trip. Leave tomorrow around 5pm to head to camp. One of my friends is going down at 3 to setup camp for us.  Really excited about this trip

Good luck!!  But more important, have fun!!!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, crappyice said:

3S sit tonight…71degress and thick with skeeters… had a quick visitor upon getting settled in tree. Only allowed to target deer here
d69ef2772f7b1edbdab90878a2fee6b8.jpg

Happy COLUMBUS day!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that one of the westchester programs? Just wait till that thing gets a hold of one of these coyotes gets a hold of someone’s fancy golden doodle. It’ll be open season all year 

• Like 2

Sad. Coyotes are not taking down a healthy buck this time of year so its either car, hunter wounded or EHD.

Back from my short Old Forge vacation and stoked to see all the successful youngsters. I would have loved to had these ages allowed when my kids were there.....

78 friggin degrees out lol gonna be a warm sit tonight!!

• Like 1

Truck and trailers are packed, food bought, truck gassed up.  Waiting for the kids to get home from school then off to dance and dropping the youngest off to my wife then heading to PA for the week.  My wife made a pot of chili for the trip so that will be tomorrow's dinner. 

I'll try to update everyday while I'm down there. Not picky it'll be first legal buck. 1.5 5 point or 4yr old 12pt doesn't matter to me just want that experience with my friends.

• Like 15

30 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Sad. Coyotes are not taking down a healthy buck this time of year so its either car, hunter wounded or EHD.

Back from my short Old Forge vacation and stoked to see all the successful youngsters. I would have loved to had these ages allowed when my kids were there.....

78 friggin degrees out lol gonna be a warm sit tonight!!

Hey hope you left some beer there , we go up,tomorrow ! Leaves near peak I hear ? I may get out Sat AM time to turn it up !